TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i took my tbird to the dealership.... they fixed the fuel pump and all so it drives, but holy crap....

1st off they charged me 700 bucks for a fuel pump replacement and towing, but put on there the hood didnt shut, so i walk out to the car, and you know the peice that the latch catches onto, its a little metal box type thing, it was chipped where you could see that the peice was hitting on somethin before hand, but the hood still shut every time i tried to. well, that broke off from the fiberglass hood and now the hood wont shut, so i asked to talk to the service manager and he basically said that they wernt going to fix it because: "all my guy tryed to do is shut the hood, and it broke"
Well the hood was shut when they got the car, they should give it back to me with the hood still shutting! He said :" the car is in better shape than when we got it, at least it runs now"
I PAID THEM TO MAKE IT RUN.
He called the body shop guy over to show me why the latch isnt catching, well the body shop guy said " Your workin on a peice of sh*t car anyway" and turns around and walks off.

I asked to talk to the owner, so he comes out, i tell him and hes basically like what do you want me to do? refund your money for your service? I DONT WANT anything i dont deserve, i just want my stinkin hood to shut! thats all! so he basically tells me to go take it somewhere and bring him an estimate because they dont want to work on it.

I have half a mind to go to walmart and buy a 25 dollar set of hood pins.......

Matt

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the body shop guy probably drives a pinto. I would told him to go f**k himself

·
Registered
600 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
Bbb? Might not be a solution, but it's a thought.
:zwthstpd: I called the bbb once on a credit card company and within a week they helped me fix my problem. You tell them what happened and then they go to the dealer to get their account of what happened. Sorta like a mediator, any legitimate business shouldn't like when the bbb is called, either that or get a lawyer.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Well in the dealer's defense, hood pins should have been used from day one with the fiberglass hood. Not doing so puts a lot of stress in the latch area that broke, it was probably just a matter of time before it happened. You should be happy it didn't happen on the highway where it could've caused a lot more damage.

-Miller

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ECU_Q said:
:zwthstpd: I called the bbb once on a credit card company and within a week they helped me fix my problem. You tell them what happened and then they go to the dealer to get their account of what happened. Sorta like a mediator, any legitimate business shouldn't like when the bbb is called, either that or get a lawyer.

think its big enough of a deal to do that? i mean, i dont really have 600 bucks to spend gettin a hood, but on the same hand, neither do i have 600 bucks to fork out on a lawer. The simple solution would be for me to go get hood pins and just be like oh well... but i dont want them. what would you guys do if you were in this situation?

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
musto said:
I have half a mind to go to walmart and buy a 25 dollar set of hood pins.......

dont do that man
go get him a quote like he asked and if he agrees they will pay for ur repair
if u try to do it urself it waist time out of ur life working on something they broke which you wont get paid for

thats sh1tty to hear tho :S
so far u ahvnt been having alot of luck with that car as far as repairs go

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I agree with hood pins on the fiberglass hood. In all due respect it isn't really their fault. If they had dropped something on it or wrecked it and broke it it would be their fault, they shouldn't have to learn the tricks of your car. It might be different if you had warned them to close it gently.
Alan

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
At the least I think you could ask them to meet you half ways on the price of the repair. It wasn't 100% your fault, you were not even there, and it wasn't 100% their fault but it was in their possession. If you rent a car and something goes wrong like that when it is in your possession, you have to pay the price. Who is to say that it would of happened when you are driving? They may of slammed the hood down, they are the only ones that know. You have a nice ride man, if you don't like the look with the hood pins, don't do it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
After dealing with a body shop and dealing with my car being sublet to two other shops, and the total destruction and stuff they overlooked, I finally stopped taking it to them and spent 400/500 bucks attempting to undo the damage they did or didn't fix. BBB is a good outlet if they belong, I am doing that right now since they failed miserably to attempt to rectify some very basic stuff.

From releasing the car to my wife with the rear end 5 inches to one side and suspension hitting the chassis, to a gushing tranny leak to a busted tranny filter and failure to remove the oring andput it back on the filter (so it sucked air and free wheeled when it counted, like left hand turns in traffic), scratches in the hood, dent and chip in the door (with the obvious mark of the handle of a jack), it goes on and on.

BBB BBB BBB BBB

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well Musto is right the dealership is supposed to give the vehicle back to you in the same condition as you give it to them. Example I owned a 89 Mercury Sable I called the dealer told I had a power steering leak I wanted it towed they said fill the reservoir and drive to them (a 30 minute ride) when I got there was smoke coming off the manifold so they told the lot boy to put it out back. Five minutes later the cashier went outside for a cigarette and told the service writer to call the fire department as I watched my car go up in flames. The end results was the dealership gave me full value for the car at the time it burned $9,500.00 was book value.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree with the hood pins, I have this exact same hood and hood pins are a must. I had to alter the hatch that you are talking about to make it fit, as did david (old owner-who also hooked me up with some parts for the hood) and if you drive this car more then to just shows you need the hood pins. The area that the latch hooks onto is VERY SMALL and the probability of it slipping is not if, but when. A few other guys up here have had the hood fly up and off during driving on the interstate and the pics aren't very pretty, including the windshield, roof, trunk ruined. My advise..GET THE HOOD PINS! esp if your having a hard time paying 700 to get it to run, just wait until that happens and you spend thousands on the repairs instead of the 20 dollar hood pins.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Thats jacked dude. I would make them repair it, but go ahead and get some hood pins as well. That isnt pretty when those fly up.

-Joel

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
they broke it period, regardless of the design of the hood, what ever they did to the car , its their fault . they shoudl be held liable , now after this , i would call ford customer service and tell them how they handled your deal, old car or not ford still does care how their dealerships treat customers. and that bodyshop manager should be fired, that just insures that you will never take your car to his shop, hence lost income .

·
Registered
267 Posts
and to wonder why i only trust no one with my car ..if i cant fix it then i take it to my uncle ....last resort is to ask him for help ..but i do ask for guidance from his 40 yrs as a mechanic..gl with the stealership..probaly a nicer car they had to work on then any of them drive imo

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Va89Tbird said:
WOW!!! thats a ****** deal

dont joke the pintos my dad had one with a V8 an a 5 speed an lets just say it could move
not factory it didnt . one of my old co -workers has one with a 289 and a 4 speed . also my buddy dave had an 80 with a turbo coupe motor and t5

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jk89cat said:
not factory it didnt . one of my old co -workers has one with a 289 and a 4 speed . also my buddy dave had an 80 with a turbo coupe motor and t5

i went to ford.com and they had a address to write to the ford corporate board of directors, and also a few phone numbers.... i dont want to get the guy fired who called my car' a peice of sh*t' but i think that they need to know what kind of people they have representing their name.
does anyone think thats goin a little overboard for a hood?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.