1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
My goodness !!! 2 gallons a day, I can barely get one down per day, Due to carbonation

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I regret to say that I had a pretty bad coke/ dr. pepper habit. It has since been kicked, and one does not realize how badly they drain you and make you feel like crap until you've cut them out completely. I do not believe in physical dependance addictions like that though.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
I used to be able to knock back a 12 pack of soda in 3 days or so when I was a teenager, but over the last 5 years or so I've been consciously cutting back. Probably a can every other day now. Caffeine too I try to avoid.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow, I have a Mt. Dew addiction I've been trying to kick.... Nothing compared to 8-10 liters a day though! Geeeeez, can you say sugar addict?

She also smoked 30 cigs a day...... She was just a sick puppy all around... Probably didn't exercise either..... FAT,LAZY and NEARLY DEAD! Or in her case, dead!

Too bad, she had a ton of kids....... Not fair to them..... Dad will say to the kids when they get older

"Mom couldn't kick the coc habit"

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Dad will say to the kids when they get older

LMAO that is hilarious! It takes me about 3 days to knock out a Coke 2 liter. Even that is too much really. I drink way too much beer too probably :)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Wow, I have a Mt. Dew addiction I've been trying to kick.... Nothing compared to 8-10 liters a day though! Geeeeez, can you say sugar addict?

She also smoked 30 cigs a day...... She was just a sick puppy all around... Probably didn't exercise either..... FAT,LAZY and NEARLY DEAD! Or in her case, dead!

Too bad, she had a ton of kids....... Not fair to them..... Dad will say to the kids when they get older

The Mt. Dew addiction is more common than you think. My brother used to drink several 2 liters a day, and a friend of mine in town here drinks 1-2 2-Liter bottles a day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Mt. Dew addiction is more common than you think. My brother used to drink several 2 liters a day, and a friend of mine in town here drinks 1-2 2-Liter bottles a day.
yea, or as I like to call it "Mt. Crack"

it's been giving me a Mt. of a gut......

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yup, G/F's brother never stops drinking the stuff, if he is around there's a mountain dew in the room somewhere.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
... yet the lady who drinks gasoline is still alive.

I guess it's all about quantity. :)
-g

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I saw that episode on the gas drinker .. it will catch up to her quickly. I got a shot of gas trying to siphon a tank once .. VERY nasty stuff, it was worse than 100 proof alcohol, sure did clear out my sinuses. LOL

Dont like coke much, it tastes like dirt. Mt. dew is OK, but I might have one or two cans a week, thats about it.

Need to quit smoking more than anything else.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
When I was 19 to 20 I drank like 2-5 20oz bottles of mtn crack a day. Then when I was 21 to 23 it was about 3 24oz cups of whatever soda a day at work. Now its nothing since 2004, I even kicked the milk addiction in 2007. I ruined a couple teeth thats about it with all the sugar. I think of the sugar addiction I had and just really am dumb founded the amount of soda I drank in the past. Being in the food service dept with free soda all day doesnt help. I USED TO be addicted to french fries now I can stand in front of them and not eat one.

I drink water 98% of the time or Ill drink some hard liquor beer, tea, coffee but nothing sugary even when it comes to boozing.

Technically beer is made with lots of sugar LOL.

What funny is back when I was guzzling soda a 44 oz drink cup was only at places like 711 now its everywhere. I am lucky to not have gotten caught up drinking a 44oz caliber cup of sugar to the head daily. All those mtn dew bottles was bad enough.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sad thing is my aunt is very similar. Drinks nothing but coke and smokes cigarettes 24/7. I'm not kidding, she wakes up once an hour in the night to have a drink and smoke. It keeps her thin apparently. She doesn't look healthy but she is thin. She's been like that for a few decades now. Kinda sad really, but she won't really listen to anybody about it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I can't drink anything with caffine in it. I do drink MT dew and pepsi but it's all caffine free. If I drink just a 20oz of a caffinated drink I'm up all night sucks.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I can't drink anything with caffine in it. I do drink MT dew and pepsi but it's all caffine free. If I drink just a 20oz of a caffinated drink I'm up all night sucks.
Have you always been this way or was it an age thing?
I noticed that once i hit 30, I couldn't drink any soda/coffee with my evening meal or I'd be up at night as well.

I guess that's part of getting older.
-g

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I drink mostly water. Gallons and gallons of it.....

Most of it has a little barley and hops in it :D

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Have you always been this way or was it an age thing?
I noticed that once i hit 30, I couldn't drink any soda/coffee with my evening meal or I'd be up at night as well.

I guess that's part of getting older.
-g
Just like anything else, when you build up a tolerance it just doesnt effect you as much .. then when you get off the stuff, you cant sleep because your body is craving it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I drove a truck over the road I would drink a six pack of Mt Dew, 2 20oz and 2 Mt Dew Amps everyday just to keep me going. Glad I don't do that anymore.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts