TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this term associated with straight front axles and Ford Twin-I beam axles. When things wear out, at certain speeds going over a bump the front end shakes violently until you almost come to a complete stop.

I have something like that on my 92 Bird. Except that it initiates when under moderate braking from speeds above 50 mph. Wow, it's definately time to park it and order up the front end parts.

No pulsation in the brake pedal, just some pretty good shaking in the steering wheel. The last time I felt that was in my son's 76 245 Volvo. Replacing the strut cartridges up front fixed it.

Now that was interesting.....:(

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
Sounds like warped rotors to start with .....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like warped rotors to start with .....
No brake pedal feed back, only the steering wheel. I'll check the run out on the disks when I get the parts for the suspension in. The struts really don't anymore and I'll go ahead and replace upper and lower control arms with ball joints etc. I already know the uppers are toast. It just convinced me to get started. The last thing I need to to snap a ball joint. LOL.

92,000 is about time I think.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah thats how mine was I got the rotors turned and new pads and the pulse went away but not the shakin new uppers and it was completely gone. End links are prolly toast too btw might want to check them before you make a parts run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts