TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Anybody else see what Monster Garage did to an RX-7 Convertible??

Painful - :xpcry:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
LOL.....guess someone didn't watch the movie!

They sped that up....no way would jesse be able to get his hands on a gun that could actually fire that fast. Besides, the fastest firing gun fires faster than what they said.

·
8,239 Posts
it was just too good to see those gold wheels melt to the ground in the end. I guess they are making a chevy suburban into a wedding chapel for tomorrow's episode.

JH

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Traveler said:
Anybody else see what Monster Garage did to an RX-7 Convertible??

Painful - :xpcry:

That was awesome. I was shocked when I saw the truck come out with the machine gun on it. He must have been shooting that thing up for like a hour or so.

-Shawn

·
8,239 Posts
I found myself thinking about the cost of ammo. That ammo has to be over a buck a shot, lol.

He blew the 3000 dollar budget on just bullets I think.

JH

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Death to an RX7 convertible, good ridance. They were all naturally aspirated. A naturally aspirated hard top RX-7 is slow. The covertibles also weigh a ton more than the hard tops, making htem slower yet. May have all been automatics too but can't remember for sure on that.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Poor little 'vertible.

Why they gotta do things like that? Why not use crap K cars or something?????

I saw one where they messed up a 'vertible 5.0L Fox 'Stang... made me sad.. :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
I thought Vulcan Cannon's and Phalanx Cannon's fired about 6000 rounds per minute?

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
GreenBird said:
LOL.....guess someone didn't watch the movie!

They sped that up....no way would jesse be able to get his hands on a gun that could actually fire that fast. Besides, the fastest firing gun fires faster than what they said.
No I didn't watch the movie. (seems everytime my computer tries to download and play a movie at the same time it goes offline!!) But the Swiss Cheese line reminded me of the Monster Garage scene!

I am often amazed at what TV People can pull off in the interest of "Publicity".

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Yeah thats Jesse for ya, did you notice that he left the new corbeu seats in it as well as the NX nitrous kit. You can tell when whats left in the bottle blows up. It was really crazy and a wast of time on that one. I was pretty sure after watching it a few times that was not speed up in the fireing seen.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
Death to an RX7 convertible, good ridance. They were all naturally aspirated. A naturally aspirated hard top RX-7 is slow. The covertibles also weigh a ton more than the hard tops, making htem slower yet. May have all been automatics too but can't remember for sure on that.
My NA 86 isn't that fast, but it can hang or beat mildly modded 4.6s... The car wasn't built for drag racing. It handles well and can be a great drift car if you get rid of the rear steer. I just did my first paint job on my 86. Now I am re-installing the interior. I will take an NA RX- over a Honda any day. Good riddance? Not really. That white car on the show was one of the cleanest looking S5 RX-7s I had ever seen. Those tail lights alone sell for more than I bought my car. No rotary car really desreves to be lit up like that...

It was funny, though. You should of seen the RX-7club reactions.

PJ

·
Registered
368 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:

Are you sure they were all NA? What is the deal w/ the ones with hood scoops? I thought those were the turbo ones. They even had a 160 mph speedo in them. I have seen 5 speed RX7's. I could be wrong though.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Widowmaker2k said:
I thought Vulcan Cannon's and Phalanx Cannon's fired about 6000 rounds per minute?
Vulcan - 6,600rpm
Phalanx - You've ben playing too much Quake II. ;)

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
GreenBird said:

Vulcan - 6,600rpm
Phalanx - You've ben playing too much Quake II. ;)
The Vulcan is capable of firing at or above 6k/min.

What are you talking about the Phalanx and Quake II??? Am I missing something or are we talking about the CIWS system designed to combat anti-ship missiles??? This has what to do with a video game?

The Phalanx is 3,000/4,500 rpm from what I just looked up.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
ward said:

Are you sure they were all NA? What is the deal w/ the ones with hood scoops? I thought those were the turbo ones. They even had a 160 mph speedo in them. I have seen 5 speed RX7's. I could be wrong though.
All the convertibles were NAs. Some were auto, some were 5 speed. The Turbo IIs are the ones with the top mount intercooler and the scoop. Although they have serious power potential, they are plagued with reliability issues.

PJ

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is the fastest firing gun that can be carried by infantry. Yes the Vulcan in the A-10 is the fastest firing RPM gun in the world, and the rail guns in development by the Navy are the fastest round speed gun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts