TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There isn't too many options out there for Body kits, and maybe it's just as well...

My car is a 92, but I'm wondering about compatability with newer model's kits.

www.razzi.com has some picture galleries up of Cougars with Body kits, and the 97's side and back really appeal to me. I know the front won't fit without my buying a 97 front end, so I'm not going to bring that up anymore ;).

MY understanding is that ANY rear bumper panel will fit ANY 89-97 model, as well as side skirts. Am I wrong? I don't think they changed anything except the style of the bumpers and mouldings - not the placement.

Exhaust exits are not a concern, I'll move them to adapt to a different style kit.

What I have noticed, is that the Razzi stuff is NOT a new bumper, just a skirt of sorts that goes around the bottom. Are there other kits that give you a new bumper (F+R)? Probably not for the Razzi price - for $550, even in Canuck Bucks it's a deal :D!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well.. what you could do is get a hold of some SC bumpers and side skirts, fill in the tbird sc on the back and if there is a sc on the front fill that in and do that. itll be cheaper and look sleeker, i personally dont like the razzi stuff, but i havent seen that done on a cougar, doesnt you are the first tho...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Your screwed. get the kit for a 89-91 bird, it's the only one that will work unless you can do fiberglass molding.

glowing escape said:
well.. what you could do is get a hold of some SC bumpers and side skirts, fill in the tbird sc on the back and if there is a sc on the front fill that in and do that. itll be cheaper and look sleeker, i personally dont like the razzi stuff, but i havent seen that done on a cougar, doesnt you are the first tho...
He can't use a SC front bumper. his grille and headlights are different.

·
Registered
604 Posts
But we can use the back bumper and side skirts ;) And besides, the SC front bumper wasn't different from the stock one.

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
no-one sans FoMoCo makes complete bumpers for our car in mass production.

While the 96-97 Razzi kit looks nice.. it's not made of urethane and cracks easily.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's NOT urethane :eek:???

Screw that then - I've got a bad habit of running into things :p.

Damn - that sucks. I hate the front bumper of my Couger. I'd like the squared off look of the Tbird, but I'm not going to change my lights/hood just to accomodate a SC front bumper. And I'm not into doing fibreglass work either.

Are there any urethane kits out there that replace the stock bumper covers?

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
Yeah the non-eurethane sucks.

No, no-one other than FoMoCo makes bumpers for our car. Unless you can convince a body shop to make one for you all you are going to find is the lower valence for front/rear and side skirts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You could make the SC bumper work

I owned a 93 tbird lx (had the same front bumper as the SC). You could cut the very top part of the bumper and it will fix the grill and lights. The mounting point are the same for both cars. Then do the side and rear bumper and then you have a true cat-bird. Or you could lie and say it's a Tbird SC with a custom decklid :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually REALLY like that idea Wolf :)!!!

But can the SC front bumper be cut, to accomodate the Coguar grille? The light bottoms are the same shape, it's just that the SC's bumper and hood meet - no grille.

I had an 89 SC (with a NA 3.8L) that I sold to my little brother, who in a one week span rear ended a Safari and put a trailer hitch hole in the front bumper (fixable?), and then slid off the road into a hydro pole and caved the side of the car in. The rear piece is OK, it's kind of saggy/warped, but it can be painted up nice I hope. Black shows all body work though, and I'm leary of spending alot of money on a piece of junk... The side pieces are junk, maybe I'll break down and get the Razzi side pieces, but for front and rear - no way will I have fibreglass.

I guess I have nothing to lose by at least tearing the front and rear bumpers off the 89 and having them looked at. This weekends project is settled :).

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
maybe the earlier models were...

The 96-97 sure isn't. I think I've only seen one set out of dozens on a car that isn't cracked in the front or back or both. I've seen birds with one of the front fog lamp holes completely missing. Ask AndyR how well the 96-97's are made.

edit apparently none of Razzi's kits are eurethane.

Taken directly from Razzi's site.

"Razzi's Specially Formulated AERO-FLEX Thermoset, Co-extruded ABS Composite Plastic Material."

http://www.razzi.com/about/index.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts