·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Really cool photos.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
10,580 Posts
I would love to be able to have another drink with the many Vets I've known that survived that war; My boss many years ago, Quince Cole hit Iwo Jima as a 17yo Marine.

He was wounded, they found out how old he was in the triage tent, and he begged and was allowed to return to duty; he was what would have been called a 'tunnel rat' in Viet Nam.

Imagine a 16yo hitting Parris Island, when that still meant something. (They're not allowed to cuss or hit you now.)

I knew several of those guys; Marine, Airborne, Rangers, Seals: they taught me how to disassemble every weapon I owned, on my chest, in a ditch with them spraying me down with a hose, so that I wouldn't **** it up if it ever was needed.

The white side of the claymore is the Back side, cook the grenade so they cant throw it back, and pop that clip on your helmet so the rounds don't stick together and misfire in the jungle, lol.

And yes, an AK47 makes a DISTINCT sound when being fired at you, hard to miss. :) An M14 and M16 sound different, and are friendly fire, don't shoot back, keep your head down, and yell today's password. :)

God bless every one of them; they're in a better place now. :ssalute:

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
God bless them and their families. Never forgotten.

Thanks for the thread bump Joe.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts