TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got a delima.

On one hand, I have this 96 Mark VIII. Black, love it, want it to be faster (of course). I have in my hands a quote for parts for the j-mod, 3.73s (+rebuild) and pulleys. I know how much a chip would be along with this. Somewhere around 800 bucks shipped for the whole bit, I have full cov on the car which runs me around 300/mon (yea I know) on top of the payment. Long story short, it's killin my playin' money.

On the other hand, I have my poor 89 cougar that I've been working on from time to time here the last few months whenever I can. She needs a vavle job on one head, the blower rebuilt and put almost completely back together. The block/crank needs cleaned, along with new cam/main/rod bearings. A lot of stuff. BUT I think if I classified it as my "primary" car with the insurance, I could save quite a bit of money (plus is a 6 cyl). I already have a felpro gasket kit, new motor mounts and a trans mount for her, ready to go in my basement.

On top of all this, money is very very tight. Whatever I do with what little money I have, I have only 1 shot and 1 shot to do it right; however, I'm graduating soon from college so I know I'm going to be getting a job that pulls some mad cash compaired to what I got now. So, what's your take? Do I spend the money on the mark now or the cougar now?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
got a female living at the same address? Put her as the primary driver, you'll cut that bill down alot. If you get in an accident just say "she was letting me drive because she was tired" or "my car was in the shop so I borrowed her car".

Check out Allstate. I'm 19 w/ 4 tickets and one 10 day suspension. I pay ~215 a month combined for my 96 v8 bird (full) and 90 SHO (liability only).

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GreenBird said:
got a female living at the same address?
nope.
GreenBird said:
Check out Allstate. I'm 19 w/ 4 tickets and one 10 day suspension. I pay ~215 a month combined for my 96 v8 bird (full) and 90 SHO (liability only).
Car's in my dad's name. The bank wouldn't allow me to sign for it w/o a co-signer and it was a much cheaper rate w/ him as the owner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts