TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a guy make up this cover for the Plenum cover I bought. Its an 04 Mustang Plenum thats been Ported and Polished. Since I didn't care to have the prancing Pony under my hood I got rid of it and had this made:

Then I got to thinking that maybe some others may be interested. I'm sure the guy who made it would be happy to have the business. I'm pretty sure he can do different colors, fonts, and of course what you'd like engraved in them. So post or PM me if you're interested and I'll see what I can do. I'm NOT calling this a group purchase because there is no minimum or maximum number or time limit involved.

Mods, if I'm breaking any rules here just let me know and I'll correct it. I don't think I am, but ya never know.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Colors?

Are you gonna have any other colors? If so I'd be interested in 1.Later tony

·
Beer and Cheese
1996 Thunderbird Sport Coyote Swap
7,399 Posts
:zwthstpd:

Have the lettering white or chrome...that would be kick azz!

·
Registered
917 Posts
id be intrested in an anodized blue with the bird logo and Powered By Ford right underneath... whats the approximate pricing??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah - +1 for pricing...wonder if he could get alpine green...that would be sweet...but then again, i have a friend that could probably do this too...Mike...what are the dimensions of that plate?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dimensions are 4 3/4" x 2 1/8"

Should be able to get other colors. I don't know yet about the coloring of the letters.

Depending on the answers to the other questions, I think they can be done for 15.00 shipped. I'll ask the guy who made mine for the answers.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
Jason... do us a favor - don't ever say that again :D j/k (maybe heh)

And are these just for a newer plenum? Or will they fit a stock 96 plenum as well? I would be interested in one too - in a different color. Red would clash with my black car :D

-Melon

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
it is really neat. does teh guy just do engraving, or all sorts of metal work? i was considering having a metal fab shop make me some seat panels... i need to find some in one piece for cheap tho.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He just does engraving. And I wasn't able to get by his place to ask about the different set ups.

Melon - I'm fairly sure (90%) he can do different colors, and I posted the dimensions of the one I have a few posts up, I'm fairly sure they are the same size as the 96 plenums but you can measure yours and compare your measurements with the ones posted to be sure.

Tyler - For what you're describing you'll need a metal fabrication shop with an english wheel to bend the metal. Not just an engraving shop.

I can tell you that for any design other than the Thunderbird (which I supplied to him) he'll need a digital pattern for. (I.E. the cougar logo etc.)

I'll get around to finding the rest of the answers tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, sorry for the delay but I've got the answers I hope.

The lettering is engraved into the metal with various bits. So he couldn't color the letters. However, various fonts have different appearances. Some fonts look "fuller" than others.

He can make the plates in Red (like mine), green, blue, black, and of course silver. He said about 6 different colors, but for the life of me I can't remember them all. All of the colors are a "Marble" color.
He can produce whatever design you can get to him (me) digitally. And I don't mean a photograph. Photographs are difficult to get a clean scan off of.

For example:

This is what I used. (Thanks to members of CoolCats)

You cougar owners could use this emblem.

He can resize the emblem to make it fit.

The clearer, plainer the emblem, the better it will scan.

What I'm thinking is you can use something to create your design such as photoshop, MS Paint, etc. then send that image to me. He won't use the image directly to make the plate, but a picture will give him a better idea of what you want than trying to describe it to him. Remember the size of the plate as mentioned earlier in this thread. Also attach a file of the design you want (if any). Usually he will use the pic to create his template then allow the customer to see or "proof" the design before doing the actual engraving.

I'll forward the design to the engraver, send the proofs out for approval, then pick them up when they are done and mail them to the respective customers. Cost is 15.00 each and that can be sent to me via PayPal when the design is sent in.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
brandsoftheworld.com you will ahve to have photoshop to open them... but they have anything.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the delay and for ignoring this thread. I've been busy trying to get the GT to run right. And of course there are always the tie ups at work, social life, etc.

Ok, here is an update for those that haven't read the entire thread.... I'm pretty sure he would be more than happy to do these for you. They are simple metal plates that he engraves (much the same as would be engraved on a trophy or a medal). He has a digital machine so he can copy logos, designs etc. To simplify things, just email me your design (along with your name and contact info). No money yet. I'll take the design to him get an estimate on price, time, etc. (Price should be pretty consistent). Once I get the info from him, I'll get it to you and you can approve/disapprove and Paypal the funds to me. I'll get him started on it at that point. I'll then mail the finished product to you.

If that sounds complicated I'm sorry. But I'm trying to make sure that folks are getting exactly what they want BEFORE any money is laid out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.