TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone sold you a cat back kit for a thunderbird and only included a x-pipe and 2 mufflers would you be pissed??

There is a company on Ebay that is selling "Cat-Back" kits for mark and Tbirds,, but they do not send you the piping!?? WTF is that. The best part is they have a picture of the Full Cat-Back system installed to mislead you!!!

Its a shame as its a pretty nice kit but I dont think I can deal with someone that shaddy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-97-Thunderbird-cat-back-exhaust-kit-LOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ009QQitemZ190180101646QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Brad

·
5,650 Posts
I would think that is false advertising. It should be called "partial cat-back" or "cat-back components." And while he does say at the top of the page that no piping is included, the title of the auction should say something along those lines as well.

Although now that I think about it, it should arouse suspicion because there is no cat-back that will fit 89-97 MN12s because the gas tank changed.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I always read a Ebay auction from top to bottom before bidding.

I have actually seen that Lincoln on the road. I remember the plate # because it's close to mine. Small world.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
welcome to the wild and crazy world of Lincoln Motorsport and Geno.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think that is false advertising. It should be called "partial cat-back" or "cat-back components." And while he does say at the top of the page that no piping is included, the title of the auction should say something along those lines as wel
Well I was writing him bout that **** and how it was misleading,, the sentence about no piping included was just added tonight,, guess it was something I said:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
why the hell are there two x pipes?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
this Auction Is For Just The 2 Mufflers And Xx Pipes, No Piping Is Offered In This Auction. We Can Fully Install This System In Nj With A 10 Yr Warranty Otherwise You Would Have To Have It Piped In Locally .

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i just though it was steam. my caprice steams like that till its warm.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
too bad the sound quality is not better ya know... it sounds good even distorting. id love to it clearly!

·
Registered
47 Posts
why is there 2 x-pipes?

so there wont be any drone.I just had a system put on.it wasn't from them,but it has the same components.If you would go to the web site and read a little into the posts about the enginering of the whole thing maybe you would understand it better.:D

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
i've got no drone, and i don't have 2 x pipes lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
why is there 2 x-pipes?

so there wont be any drone.I just had a system put on.it wasn't from them,but it has the same components.If you would go to the web site and read a little into the posts about the enginering of the whole thing maybe you would understand it better.:D
the last person I would trust is Geno...he is fulla****, not to mention a liar....and his Tasca SuperMark barely runs properly. Dont trust anything from Jersey.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
For 300 bucks he could at least weld the xpipes together for you...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I didn't say i got it from him,and i didn't say i trust him.but what i am saying is that a little research is always helpful.I paid $300. for my whole set up w/2 x-pipes and installed.I'll add a sound clip later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts