TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much axial deflection,side to side from axel input shaft to axel input shaft, does our diffentials with a traction locker and a pinion brace have under hard acceleration and say with a motor at about 500 ft*lbs of torque?
I know that this cannot be exactly measured, but I was wondering if anyone had a idea of how much it would be.... 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1"????

·
Registered
647 Posts
I would guess it's pretty minimal. Personally, I am more concerned with deflection and flex at the knuckles. Just take a look at those pressed upper control arms and pressed/tacked IRS subframe. They have "twist me" written all over them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason why I am interested what the deflection is from side to side for the differential is b/c I am making some bracing for the subframe. I have a brace about 1/2" away from the bottom of the axels on the section in between the differential and the CV joint. This section of the axel may interfear with the additional bracing if the differential deflects from side to side.

·
Registered
708 Posts
What if you used a dial indicator on a magnetic mount. you could set it to hold highest reading, then beat the he!! out of the car, check the guage.
Just a thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts