TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. My 1-2 shift is very delayed at WOT and actually pretty much anything over a slow takeoff. At WOT it will hit the rev limiter at 5250 rpms and it will stay there for like 2 seconds or so before it decides to shift into second. At just a lil over slow takeoff the rpms will keep going up til a lil while after it should be shifting and at about half of wot it will probably hit almost 5000 rpms before shifting. Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks in advance for any help!!

'95 Tbird LX 4.6L
150k and counting
Too few mods to list

·
Registered
306 Posts
There are a million threads concerning this - try a search for more info.
If you have an AOD (pre-93) check your throttle valve cable adjustment.
If you have a 4R70W, you have a bad 1-2 accumulator in the tranny, and/or a broken spring. You may also have burned out intermediate clutches.

FWIW

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go back & read the technical article on installing shift kits & Jerry's valve body modification. Sounds like your 1-2 accumulator piston. I had to upgrade mine to the new version on my '95 SC. I had installed a shift kit & it still shifted into 2nd very sluggish. It's a $10 part at your local Ford dealer, & an easy swap. But you have to drop the pan & valve body to get to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts