TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my air pump is making some weird noises and was wondering if it is necessary to replace the pump. im thinking of getting the delete pulley and not put the pump back in. will this cause any problems or not thanks wes

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey - welcome to the board :).

What year car? The air pump is necessary for emissions, but with my 92 5.0L, we pulled the octane pin, and without the air pump (in place but gutted), it passed with flying colors. Put the octane pin back in, and it's a different story ;). Depends on the year of your car, and the emission standards for that year.

OK - so my car isn't good for the environment, but it's only put 3000km's on in 1.5 years, so I'm not terribly concerned about the lack of a functioning air pump :).

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
We pulled it out of mine, along with the a/c and I ran 4 TENTHS FASTER at the track.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey Jason - what's up? Another friendly face :).

4/10's JUST on removing the AC and air pump? My air pump is gutted (as mentioned above), but do you think that leaving it on there as an 'idler' is going to hurt times?

As per the AC - mine's pretty weak, and will cost alot of money to recharge (retrofit), and I'm a big fan of dropping the windows anyways. I'm not sure I want to get rid of it, but is there a way to leave it on the car, but get a belt to run around it without contacting the AC pulley?

4/10's of my 1/4 would make me VERY happy :).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my car is a 92 with 302 with 5 speed tranny. in illinois we dont have emission check so i dont care about that. just wondering if it will make the car run rich or lean. that sort of thing thanks wes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts