TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i searched and i can not find really any thing on the subject. i am thinking about taking out the a/c compression because so far it really has not been that bad on the hot side, so i don't think i need the a/c anymore. somethings that i would like to know is where can i get the parts any the new belt. how-to would be nice but i can not find one. so if i do this and then i get inside and turn the climate control on a/c or just on a cool temp what would happen.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
Can't say I understand why you would do this to a 15 sec car but go for what you know dude.
I'll have to agree with that, especially since the A/C turns off at WOT anyway. Why go to the expense and hassle of a mod that removes a capability (i.e. A/C) and provides no power?

Just MHO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You can't run the A/C compressor at the track, not even in the staging area, and I'm sure you wouldn't be racing on the street, so why?? You might gain a hair not turning the pulley, but not much...

-mike

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
you dont gain much, you lose about all of 60lbs, if that, i wouldnt do it, my buddy did b/c his compressor and lines where shot and his car isnt daily driven anyway so he didnt care, but i dont think id even do that if i had a weekend bird tho, i like a/c, cruising above 50mph, no wind, better stereo sound

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
ha, a/c is akin to life support here in texas, i wouldn't delete it unless you had to do it for something worthwhile, like a turbo setup or something, lol, later'z......:D

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
I'm throwing a low freon code with my AC system right now. If I've got a leak, I'd just as soon ditch the sucker than have to track down the leak. Saving 60 lbs is a good enough benefit for me. Also, even with the windows down, I didn't have a problem hearing my old system. And I sure as hell won't have a problem hearing the new one. :ztoohot:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well its more for not having massive amounts of noise coming into the cabin, sometimes i like a peaceful ride, i can hear my system just fine, i just like my a/c, if i had a leak and the thing didnt hold freon, it would be gone tho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts