TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehehe, Dude, you're gettin a Cell!

NEW YORK, Feb. 10 — Actor Benjamin Curtis, the well-known Dell Computer Corp. pitchman “Steven” who says on television, “Dude, yer gettin’ a Dell,” was arrested for possessing marijuana in New York, officials said Monday.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/871028.asp?0cv=CB10

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Hahaha! You're gettin' a cell! That's a good one!

Shoot....those commercials became very annoying....as did the Aflack and the Taco Bell dog commercials.

·
Registered
366 Posts
IronChopz said:
Hahaha! You're gettin' a cell! That's a good one!

as did the Aflack and the Taco Bell dog commercials.
haha... the passenger side lock on my dad's grandcherokee broke once. when you hit the power lock button it made a noise that sounded just like the aflack duck. lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as long as we're making this the world's most annoying commercials thread ...

jared fogle can eat my arse

the ditech guy ... MUST DIE!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I hope Dell keeps the guy (not that I care) but just to set a good example for itself. I don't think he was hurting anything...oh but he was supporting terrorism :rolleyes:
At least they're not wasting our tax money locking him up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Worlds most popular spokesmodel is now the worlds most popular pot head. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:uppoint:
Mabye it is because I haven't tried any drugs but I don't get it. These "drugs" must be some really good stuff. I mean, people give up sex for a good high. I don't get it.

Oh, and the ditech guy must die.
Chant with me all together now.

Ditech guy must die
Ditech guy must die
Ditech guy must die
Repeat as necessary to relieve stress and/or be heard.

danman

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
TurboCat said:
I don't think he was hurting anything...oh but he was supporting terrorism :rolleyes:

hahaha... those ad's are so friggin stupid. Did you see the latest installment from Superbowl Sunday?

"smoking weed gets you pregnant" :rolleyes:

At least they're not wasting our tax money locking him up.
Tell me about it. I personally think they should just bite the bullet and legalize it. They are never going to win. The Govt. would save millions upon millions of dollars (probably billions) each year in doing so and would be able to focus more on real drugs and could collect tax on it to boot. It's a win/win situation IMO. Also... if you were able to go down to the corner store and pick up a pack of joints... it would knock drug dealers out of buisness to a certin extent. They would move on to bigger drugs... but if they have no contact with the person buying pot off them, how are they going to turn them on to bigger drugs? It's hard to explain... but I think the only reason weed is considered a gateway drug is because of the fact that it's illegal and to get it, you have to be in contact (somewhere down the line)with someone pushing 'other' things than pot.

P.S. I don't smoke it my self ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Tell me about it. I personally think they should just bite the bullet and legalize it. They are never going to win.
They are also never going to win against opiates and other narcotics. Your arguement is very weak.

danman

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Re: lol

fat_stan said:
i could see the dell guy losing his gig with dell now that this has been made public
They were already talking about "phasing him out." I imagine now they just have an excuse. Also, more ppl drank alcohol in speak easys then after they legalized it. Some many cops were being paid off and are right now.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
danman said:

They are also never going to win against opiates and other narcotics. Your arguement is very weak.

danman
I didn't say that they would ever win... infact, they are never going to win! But it doesn't take a whole lot of brain power to make the destinction between a narcotic and marijuana. What I'm trying to say is that smoking weed isn't as bad as it's made out to be. IMO I think legalization would infact eventually decrease the amount of hardcore drug users nationwide... if people that smoke buy stuff at a store, it's less likely that they would ever get offered anything harder because they aren't involved with the whole blackmarket scene anymore. The Govt. and non-profit organizations make it seem like a terrable thing... and they do that with other drugs too. Now... what if an impressionable mind was to try puffing and realized that it wasn't as terrable as it's made out to be? Don't you think that maybe... just maybe they would think that they were over hyping other drugs too? Just something to think about.... ;)

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
SC_Steve said:
Now... what if an impressionable mind was to try puffing and realized that it wasn't as terrable as it's made out to be? Don't you think that maybe... just maybe they would think that they were over hyping other drugs too? Just something to think about....
:thumbsup: That's for the most part true.

If you ask me, marijuana should be lumped right in with tobacco. Although tobacco is also something the devil musta put here, and it kills milions with second hand smoke. :rolleyes:

You gotta remember the govt. made cannabis illegal for several reasons, one being the hemp industry and the paper industry weren't getting along so well. Schools are an extension of the govt. they teach you about drugs in school, without giving the whole story, so of course they're gonna tell you it's all bad stuff (which of course some is). You can't have someone (or an entity) decide something is wrong and bad and that it should be taught in the schools that it's bad, so it reaches say....90% of the population, namely impressionable school age children. Some kids see past what the school tells them and smoke weed. Alot of these kids will keep going on to stronger and stronger stuff, okay, the problem begins when people start doing harder drugs. It may be a gateway drug, but obviously beer and tobacco can be lumped in that category too. Maybe they should put more emphasis on getting rid of real drugs and educating us about what they do. I was told for many years not to do all kinds of things from teachers, but they rarely say why. And if they do tell you why it's most likely made up, you chould get pregnant after smoking weed for instance... Legalize it, watch crime drop (cops have real jobs to do then), watch society get better, watch real drugs disappear... Remember nobody has died from weed, unless they were killed by someone trying to get it from them (cops, robbers, etc.)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I just think it is plain funny.

Like my buddy put it.
"I just wanna ride my Harley and you just wanna drive your T-Bird, otherwise the rest is bull $hit."

GT

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
yeah he was seen buying a bag of weed by a cop, he got off though just as long has he doesnt get in any more trouble for a year. :( I wish I was popular.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I see more of a problem with alcohol than weed. Think about it: They say 100's of thousands are killed from drunk driving, but at least a few thousand. Most people, I hear, drive slow when they're high. People who are drunk are sometimes agressive, although my one friend was saying I was gay and told me to stay away from his butt, and passed out in my brand-new folding chair with the footrest and threw up beside it, and I had to sit on a cooler for the rest of the night, drinking 13 cans of rootbeer (soda). I'm sure price would go down due to no price wars between drug cartels. Maybe cost as much as a pack of cigarettes, since it's easy to grow, from hearing about it from MTV and some movies, and a people at school. It's weed, grows like a weed.

Example of our money being wasted: I got pulled over. I wear contacts, it's 1:30 am, my eyes are getting itchy, they're red, I'm wearing a Fillabong hat on backwards, with a leaf on the actual back side (facing the officer). I'm driving around with a black friend, giving a black girl a ride home, and ofcourse, to top it off, seen by a cop talking to my friend's friend, who I didn't know, is a drug dealer. Great start, not that it isn't suspicious. Now, I don't have a record or anything in my history. No tickets, nothing. Well, they search my car and talk $#!+ on me for an hour. Did a breathalizer test and still said they thought I had been smoking the stuff. I have never done that stuff. Just get the friggin' dog on me, I don't have anything! Well, they had the dog around my car, and had searched the car, but found nothing, except some papers (for rolling cigarettes) and cigars (not mine, still have never seen them, LIARS!). So they accuse me of stuff, and find no drugs. All this, like 7 cops and the dog, costs them about $300-500 just for this for pay and everything else, so there goes $300-500, when they could legalize it, not waste my time, go through my stuff, and if they found maybe $20 worth if it was someone else, be wasting my time, and tax payers money, like mine, when they could just legalize it. I know, now it seems to me that I sound stupid. At least, later, I was seen with the slandering cop eating with my parents (mom's a teacher(had been nominated for local woman of the year, or something), dad works with MoDOT (Hiway Dept.)), grandma, and the principal's upstanding son. That guy was with my mom's somewhat distant friend, maybe his inlaws or something, and looked like he had a hangover (he looked like $#!+). I've drank a little, never been drunk, and I've never done any drugs, unless you count cigarettes or caffine, no narcotics though.

Moral of the story, marajuana should just be legalized, don't pick up chicks unless they're gonna do something for ya, and cops usually suck. Except for the guy later that only wanted to check our id's and let us go when this girl and I were making out in the park after it was closed. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts