TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i just posted a thread about my Dennis/SCT chip causing probs. So last night i disconnected battery and cleaned the connector on EEC a lil more. There might be a lil silver coating still on the connector, but as i said before it would shift down and up randomly on me.... my Check Engine light would flash on and off... hell at one time my O/D light was flickering off and on. Finally just now as i turned onto the street where I live (thank god) my car goes into Limp Home Mode! WTF. and my check engine light stayed on until i parked at home and turned it off. And I not getting a complete read of the chip? Figured i ask you guys since its there weekend.... ill ask Dennis Monday if you all have no idea what the heck is up with my chip lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well... im stuck with this one for now lol. It's not my car i know that. It NEVER did this before i stuck in this chip last night. Either the chip is bad.... or its a bad connection. Im'a go get the EEC again and sand the sh.it out of it lol. Keep the suggestions coming :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i just spent like 3 hours sanding the silver coating on the chip last night. I didnt get all of it on the backside of the chip but got a sh.it load of it off of there. The front side (easy side to get to) is just the copper showing now. So a connection there is guarnteed. I thought silver conducted electricity too. I doubt there should be a prob with reading a signal thru the thin layer that was left on the other side. Man.... didn't know this was gonna be that much work and trouble for a lil performance lol.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
cougar_ricer said:
I thought silver conducted electricity too. .
Yes silver does, but im sure its not a silver plating, just a silver paint. But silver actually conducts better than copper and aluminum.
The cost is what keeps us from running silver power lines.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
if its acting like that sounds to me like its just faulty, as some eletronics just dont work, ask dennis for a new chip, and see what happens from there

·
Registered
654 Posts
You can access the connector easier when removing the box cover.

Definatley sand lightly until each contact point is copper also spray
contact points with electrical cleaner (Not wd40)

Secure chip to box with electrical tape -

:bangwall: NEVER LEAVE IGNITION KEY ON or BATTERY CONNECTED :bangwall:
when working with EEC

Curt

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao. I sandly "lightly" the first time and it did that crap. But last night the hard sanding paid off. That damn silver came off (most of it) and now its a full connection i think. No more "check engine" light and weird shifts. At least not yet. I drove it to work and around town a lil today with no problems. I think it was just a bad connection from not sanding it down enough. That chip is awesome. YOUR MY BOY DENNIS!!! :headbang:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
alright then guess you just didnt get a good conection

·
Registered
178 Posts
Use a nylon scouring pad. Dennis sent me a peice when he shipped the chip to me. I didn't get all of it off and put the chip in and the car wouldn't start. So I cleaned a little more and the car would start and rev. So I took the ECU case apart and cleaned each side until copper was visible and used rubbing alcohol and cotton towl to clean it off and it has work great for 2 months so far. If he didn't give you a peice of tap to place over the opening then use packing tape (I used packing tape) or duck tape to cover the hole and hold the chip in.

Clay

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
when i get a chip and i get no tape.......oo ya duct tape!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Give me some dap! I used duct tape too!!
-Rob

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
cman2007 said:
or duck tape to cover the hole and hold the chip in.

Clay
lol i just saw what your wrote, nice man lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts