TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I ordered me a Dennis chip. Was just curious as to how much this chip adds... HP and Torque. Anyone have a clue or good estimate? For 325 dollars I'm hoping for a difference in power :D. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Well, I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure it raises/deletes the rev limiter, changes shift points, changes TC Lockup schedule, possibly timing. Not sure what else.

I'm surprised only three people (Myself and two others) have signed up for the SCT Flasher group purchase from Dennis. It gives a much cleaner, easier install, plus if you need changes made to the tune, you don't have to yank the PCM and send the chip back... I'm ordering it GP or not about a week or so before I swap my engine when I have that date set...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The normal price is $425 (or it was). The group purchase price would be less. What it does is flashes the computer through the datalink connector. You don't have to pull the PCM to install the tune. Here is the page on superchips site that tells a little about it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a Reinhart chip and i'm pretty happy with it. I had it burned without many mods done just MSD coils, 9mm wires, MAF butcher job, flowmaster delta flow 40's, and 19# injectors. Now I have a custom cold air intake, true dual 2.5" with H-pipe, MSD coils, 9mm wires, BBK fuel management with gauge, Hypertech UD pullies, 180 t-stat, a rebuilt trans w/ shift kit and a 25,000 trans cooler,an '02 GT MAF, and 24# FRPP inectors. Our '93 5.0 'stang can't keep up with my cougar. But now I need to have another reburn to help with the mods.
www.sounddomain.com/id/cman2007

Meow

Clay

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Some of the other things with the flasher is it can hold up to 3 different programs besides the stock file it pulls from the EEC. So in a way you could have 4 programs. You could have something like a 92 octane performance file and then say you want to take the car to the track and run some race fuel. Then another file could be added with some more aggressive timing. Or you could have a file for say regular fuel when you travel and get in those places that don't have decent gas. Or say you got a tank full of bad gas. But you can't just change to different programs on the fly like you can with the new flip chips. Also the flasher will pull codes for you if you have a check engine light.

The extra programs cost more than the standard 2 files you get with the flasher though. I also sell them along with the chips.

Clay you're running the MAF and 24# without a chip burned for them?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah its a Diablo chip. Thats why I need to find an SCT for my car or become real close friends with a dealer. And yes, I'm running 24# injectors because my car is slower with the 19# inj. I gain about .2sec with just the swap of the 24# and the Check Engine Light doesn't come on either. I run my fuel psi at about 30 on idle and it goes to about 39 on WOT. With the 19#'s I could run the psi to 45 on idle and almost 55 on WOT and not gain as much the 24#'s. yeah the chip is also burned to 19's. I run a 10.15 on the 1/8 mile (heavy car too.)

Meow,

Clay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts