TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was travelling down a country road near dusk and a deer jolted towrds the car, I swerved to the shoulder and luckily he only hit the side of the car, the only damage are small dents all along the drivers door and this dent from his head:

I don't have the money right now to pay for it to be repaired, if I did it would be done with by now. It's bugging the hell outta me seeing it though, alot. I have the door panel off and tried just popping it back with the back of a ratchet out of curiosity, no luck. Does anyone know a method to pop dents out like this or can they be popped? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This is going to bug me till no end until it's fixed, thanks all.

·
Registered
708 Posts
All right, this tip is a bit ol skool, or even ancient for that matter, but a small plunger, or other quality suction cup might be a quick fix. it'll never make it flat, but can pull it out a bunch.

However if you can get a hand up behind it, popping it out from behind might be the best solution, might even call a PDR person to look at it. some of those guys can do magic. thats probably the best you can do without a body shop.

Ever see those dent removal tools on late nite TV?? those will only work on certain types of dents, the large, oval type. looks like yours might be a good candidate for that?

Just a few ideas tossed out, hope you can get it out a bit.

BTW, the deer ran right into the side of your car?? stupid deer.

·
Registered
824 Posts
yea, I was gonna say that pop-a-dent would work good for that.

ALso, even more ghetto, but I wouldnt recomend doing it, since your paint is nice, is get a wooden malett, and tap the edges of the dent (The area right where the dent starts to be push inward and where the metal ISNT dented. I dunno if that made sense, but I fixed my dent, with that method, but my paint wasnt any good, so scratches didnt matter.

·
Registered
513 Posts
take a good look at the paint around the edges of the dent, if it looks like there is lines in it then the paint will chip when you pull it out, (most likely) i have a dnet like this, but not as bad. my advice is to leave it untill you have someone look at it that knows what they are talkin about.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
GreenBird said:
that isn't just dented, it's CREASED. No way your going to "pop" that out.
Thats what it looks like to me too. Might be able to pop a good deal out but those creases look like they'd need to be filled. IMO

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Damn, I was afraid of it being too deep to pop. Freakin deer! He was running for my headlights from the driverside, so when he was running across the other lane I swerved to the shoulder, he missed the bumper, caught his shoulder on my front quarter panel, tripped then smoked his head, and body against my door. And to piss me off more, I was walking towards him laying on the road and he got up and ran! Not even any blood! Probably a big friggin headache but I lost out on the meat! That son of a ***** !!! :mad:

I'm trying to find a complete door at local wreckers, so far not much luck.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
GreenBird said:
that isn't just dented, it's CREASED. No way your going to "pop" that out.
Agreed. No way you can "unbend" a crease once its in there. Not without some body work. could be worse though, shoulda seen mine after I hit a car in front of me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts