TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully a simple question:

If I swap my 24 lb., design II injectors (in my 97 LSC) to 24 lb., design III injectors, will I have to be chip's/tuned for it to run ok. :2huh:

I know a chip or tune would be optimal, but is it necessary? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of them as "fat" vs. "thin", but we're probably thinking the same thing. The "thin" (or plastic body) are the "Design III's" and the "fat" (or metal body) are the "Design II's".

To my knowledge, the Design III's are a much better injector for atomizing the fuel since they have 4 small holes vs. the one larger hole for the design II's.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsFORD.asp

I have some brand new 24 lb. Design III's that I'd like to put in my LSC (that has Design II's and 120K miles on them.) But I don't want to do this if I'll need a tune.

I'm thinking at cruise the O2's will make any necessary adjustments, and at WOT... I really don't care right now as long as it isn't lean.. :D

Which I don't think will be a problem because when I had it dyno'd it wasn't lean to say the least.... 10:1 mixture at WOT.. :beek:

Way, way too rich!! (I suspect partially blocked IMRC's is making it really rich). :2huh:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I may be crazy, but my "pink top" 19lb "gen II's" (fat) have four holes in the nozzle... as did my original injectors and the yellow top 19# injectors...

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Yes these need a new calibration to be done right. Battery voltage compensation is totally different between the two of them.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Not what I really wanted to hear though. :(

Oh well, it was a good idea. :leftright

I'll just wait until the Cobra intake install to also install these injectors. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts