TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Progress continues on this project.

Except for adding race gas and valet tunes to the flip chip, mechanically, GoldBird is pretty much done.

Scott swapped in a newer generation Info-Panel that shows "Boost", so he has to run a vacuum line into the cabin.

Almost everything else that needs to be done has to do with finishing touches and aesthetics. Most recently Scott has been working long hours on the trunk. Those of you who have seen the earlier pix, know that there was a lot of stuff fabricated and installed back there. Along with the JL 5 channel amp and 10" subwoofer box that was already there, he added the battery, box and external remote switch; the intercooler water reservoir, cool can, water pump, plumbing and drain valve; a three way marine electrical switch that was adapted to a "Race/Street/Off Mode" switch with cable wiring; various fuses and switches and LEDs; remote air valves for the rear spring air bags; and some other goodies..

He added a few more LEDs, and adapted, customized and carpeted the spare tire cover from Linky to give the trunk a factory-finished appearance. He used the Mark cover because the old one was warped (as they are want to do), and the Mark cover is a sturdier plastic material.

After cutting out a cardboard template, then cutting the Mark cover to shape, he glued the carpet, then it had to pressed so the cover would stay flat as the glue dried:

The Press: the cover is sandwiched in between the wood and sat overnight, the templete is on top of the box.

Voila:

The Trunk:

Even the flip side is customized:

Underside:

:cool:

-mike

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
You really should have thought this out more before you started. I mean where are you going to fit the groceries now??? ;)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You really should have thought this out more before you started. I mean where are you going to fit the groceries now??? ;)
Yeah, tell me about it ... at the beginning of the project I told Scott to leave me enough room in the trunk for my golf clubs... He just laughed ... I guess he thought I was kidding ...

Later, he explained that you gotta give a little to get a little ...

Now, I understand ....

:eek:

-mike

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Anyway he can build some panels to hide everything?

It almost looks cluttered.

I am in no way bashing any of the work done....just looks a little crowded.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
bad ass. nice numbers too.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
That looks awesome! speaking of Mark spare tire covers I just adapted one to my bird a few weeks ago with some cutting of the plastic and regluing carpet...it looks stock and is ALOT more sturdy. I thought I was the only person with enough time on my hands to make a lincoln cover fit my bird. Is that aeromotive module one of those fuel pump voltage adjusters?
-Rob

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that aeromotive module one of those fuel pump voltage adjusters?
-Rob
Yes. We felt it necessary since the car lives in Florida. Percolating fuel in the rails or lines, even at idle, would not be good.

:boom:

-mike

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Love to see the progress! What's that white car in the first picture?

:tongue:

-Joel

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's that white car in the first picture?

-Joel
That's Big Scott's Couger, "Frankencougie" ... I'm sure someone has a picture that that can be posted up. I'll check my archives and if I find one, I'll publish it and post it up.

-mike

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
That's Big Scott's Couger, "Frankencougie" ... I'm sure someone has a picture that that can be posted up. I'll check my archives and if I find one, I'll publish it and post it up.

-mike
All of Scott's pics from the older posts seem to be gone... That is one Bad-Ass Ride!

Goldbird is an incredible work of high art; I don't believe my drivers' license could take owning a car like that. :D I know my wallet is many bills shy of there...

Great work, Guys!

I'm going to either cut a hole or make a large dent to clear the intake on my 97 DOHC when it goes in; Are you going to go to a different hood, or maybe lexan?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I wanted this stuff to be seen, just wondering what would you like hidden?

-Scott

well, there you have it.....it is the way "yall" wanted it....no biggie.
I just said it looked a little cluttered was all....as I know, there is nowhere else to put anything.
To "me" it would look cleaner if some of the stuff was behind removable panels...

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

-mike
Mike, I was just kidding, I am quite familiar with Cougie... just joking around cause we never see anything about it anymore... thanks to the trolls!:mad:

Scott, do you have a current site on the Cat? I couldn't find a cardomain site... always like browsing through your work though. PM me if you do, I'll keep it to myself.

-Joel

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
what do you mean by that?
I must have missed something..
Exactly what XR7 said... a couple of whack jobs deemed it nessecary to fling their poo around till Scott decided enough was enough and left the room.

Cougie is IMO the most creative and well done mn12 on the planet. I hope one day my car is 1/2 of what it is.

Anyway, get this train back on the tracks... Goldbird is BA! :D

-Joel

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All of Scott's pics from the older posts seem to be gone...
All of GB's early pix are gone, too. Scott and I both signed up with a site where we published (literally) hundreds of pix and the site shut down.

Are you going to go to a different hood, or maybe lexan?
I don't really like any of the prefab aftermarket hoods that are available now, so I don't see that as an option.

For right now the hood stays as is, with the hole:

Scott would like to keep the engine visible. Personally, I like the idea of an off-set scoop, kinda like Cougie's, but wider in the back, and narrowing down to the passenger side in the front. If I can find someone that can fab that up out of lexan, we'd both be happy.

Maybe I oughtta have a design contest ... C'mon you guys out there with CAD programs, submit your entries.

:xpcool:

Oh yeah, about Cougie - The main reason nothing's been posted about Cougie is because all of Scott's shop time is devoted to my car, he hasn't had the time to devote to any of the projects he has in mind for Cougie.... also, through no fault of his own, Linky got wrecked a while back, and the "new" Mark he picked up needed a bit of TLC - So poor Cougie has been neglected of late. But the evil Couger will return ....

-mike

1 - 20 of 38 Posts