TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with how I'm going to get my tbird running cheap. My engine is **** now and I don't have all the money to do a 99GT engine swap plus everything you need to make it work. What would I have to buy to make the 97 engine work in my 94 bird? And if I switch the ECC to the 97 could I get one with Anti-Lock breaks? How much rewireing is required to do that? And also what extra parts would I need? Could I switch all the new parts on my motor and all the electrical wiring and harness from my old motor to make things simple. Would the chip I have run the 97 engine at 100% or do I need a custom Dennis chip to do that? Thanks for all the information you can provide me on this project in need desperately done, I really appreciate it.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
To use a 97 you would need all those extras you would need to use a 99GT engine.
The difference between a 99 engine and a 97 engine is the cost of the engines themselves.

Get a 99+ engine. Vic got one for $1400 plus shipping.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i can get you any engine but itll take about a month this guy lives close to me i can set you up hes been selling them for along time around 2 years $1350 minus the wiring harnesses shipping is included besides youll need to find a wiring harness for your new engine since your likeme we really need this our harnesses will not accept the engine it will have to be modified yep i can get you a engine with the wiring harness for $1550ish shipped to your door these engines dont have t/b but im sure you can get complete package of this site like blown96 bird is selling a package with the fuel rails and t/b and many more parts for 110.00 all you got to do is send him the money and how much where you going to spend on your original thought about the 97 engine i might be able to get you a better price for a better engine,if you dont trust me or dont want to buy a engine from me i got the harnesses youll need price is $300.00 for a 99+ engine and intake wiring harness i accept paypal too ,gl
tom bogle

·
Registered
236 Posts
281-tuner..

what items is blown96 bird selling?

Is he selling the TB, fuel rails, egr valve, IAC sensor, etc etc? let me know.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Please stop the spreading false information

2 yrs is not a long time, To me a long time starts with 10.
You DO NOT need a 96+ harness for a 94-5 swap. Cliping some of the wires and connectors off is nice but not worth it.
You NEED to make some wires longer on your existing harness and make a custom connector for the IAC.
A universal fuel/AC disconnect set works fine for any car that has spring type connectors. You don't need a "Special" ford one.

[Soapbox]Telling folks what you think they need and do not know as fact (You've never done one yet) can cost them money that they might not have to pi$$ away in the first place. Please do everyone a favor and learn by doing rather then by guessing. This is not a slam but more of a PSA because I feel that it is very important to be 100% sure of what your talking about before you tell the entire USA and abroad.[/Soapbox]

Tank you for your time and enjoy the show.

-Scott

Hi, I'm MR 94-5 wiring harness bundle. I will make your day a PITA considering the man who made me did not care if my wires were tangled when he put me together. I like soldar and shrink wrap to make me stronger and longer when you take me apart and configure me for my new buddy MR. 99+ GT motor. I also like fresh electrical tape and to be wrapped in some new Taylor/Vertex convoluted cable.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
...And another thing.

If you look around you will find that there are a bunch of 99+ intakes for sale.

One
Two Three

I would suspect this is because of Roots blower upgrades and Bullitt installs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
...And another thing.

If you look around you will find that there are a bunch of 99+ intakes for sale.

One
Two Three

I would suspect this is because of Roots blower upgrades and Bullitt installs.
Could you sell me your upper intake with all those goodies attached to it if you still have it. :)

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Sorry.

To late, I hooked up another MN12 brother with it and he is loving the '01 swap I did on his '95 Bird. I figured I had to do the right thing and ditch the blue and go silver for his silver Bird.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
As allways....

Beautiful work, beautiful results, nice going as usual, Scott. Whats really refreshing is how you cut the B.S....I'm your biggest fan, now if only I could figgure out how to post a few of my pics on this site......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts