TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Now that the weather is starting to get better, we should plan on a meet sometime. There are a few things we do over the summer that might interest some SE Michigan people (or from elsewhere)

1) Milan Test and Tune on Wednesday nights

2) Downriver Cruise

3) Telegraph Cruise

4) Possible Lapeer Dragway on a Saturday?

We didn't have a meet at all last year. I know Roger is away, but come on.. Lets have some fun!

Throw some dates around. My bird is not drivable because of brake problems, but I am sure I will be on the road shortly.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I'm up for it, but I'll be in the Mark since the TBird is still dead in the driveway.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm up for a meet as long as it's on a saturday afternoon or anytime on a sunday. I work nights and don't get home till 6am saturday. We've done meets at Stony creek too so that can be another place to meet and BBQ something.

·
829 Posts
Hey James! Not meaning to go off-topic here, but I see in your signature that you have a 2011 Ford Fiesta. How is it? Any power to it? Manual or auto?

·
829 Posts
Hey Roger! Rob has been trying to reach you, did you hear from him?
When you coming back this way?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey James! Not meaning to go off-topic here, but I see in your signature that you have a 2011 Ford Fiesta. How is it? Any power to it? Manual or auto?
My Fiesta is pretty cool! Its loaded up with all of the toys you would expect. Its a 6 speed, dual clutch automatic transmission. With my heavy foot, I get 34 MPG on average.

Stoney Creek is pretty far from me, but I would be willing to go there. I would like to see a bigger group if we do. Otherwise, Lapeer would be an option too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
telegraph cruise this year thru taylor, mi? woodward dream cruise? any are good for me. I'm by the metro detroit airport so im right around everything pretty much. Long as I keep working on my car, itll be ready for driving long range here soon =] hope to meet some of you guys soon!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just relocated to Farmington Hills, MI from Anderson, SC and would love to meet up with some local T-bird guys. Keep updates coming on when you plan to meet and I will see if I can make it. Also is there a group from the detroit area that attends the SC shootout in dayton, OH, and/or the JBMN/summer blast in West Virginia/Maryland each summer? If so I would love to caravan to either event with several Birds. I normally try to attend the JBMN/Summer Blast and caravan with the Carolina guys, but have not made it the last couple of years and plan to make it this year.

Kevin M.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I would love to see a get together sometime in the second half of the summer. My engine is apart at the moment and I don't expect the car to be running until maybe early July. Stoney Creek was nice (except for the rain!), but I also enjoy the major cruises and the Milan TnT nights.

·
829 Posts
How about even a quick bite at Buffalo Wild Wings or even the greasy arches? I'm all for it, even if it's 20 minutes or so. Maybe even hang out at Jurgen's repair shop on Plymouth Rd in Livonia!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How about even a quick bite at Buffalo Wild Wings or even the greasy arches? I'm all for it, even if it's 20 minutes or so. Maybe even hang out at Jurgen's repair shop on Plymouth Rd in Livonia!
Wha wait.. What shop on Plymouth road?

·
829 Posts
Jurgen's been there since about early February, he's the owner of Jurgen's Auto Repair. He's on eastbound Plymouth Rd just east of Stark Rd at 33939 Plymouth Rd. His logo is made of blue Pontiac Grand Am lettering! Look him up on Google Maps.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ohh... Awesome! I got to see him about some stuff that I need done. Looks like he does exhaust and I bet he could handle my steering rack and timing chain. I e-mailed him. :)

As far as going there for a meet, from a business promotion standpoint, it would be great if he hosts us. Of course, it depends on how busy he is.

·
829 Posts
Jurgen's number at the shop: (734) 525-5117. I'm more than positive he can help you and get you back on the road, and he can fix whatever ails your TBird! He can fox mine but it'll take a bit more than what I want to pay!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts