TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has to be some diablo nuts on these boards. If anyone is playing and wants to group up Winkeytoofly#1164

·
Registered
811 Posts
I stopped playing about 4 days ago ro so. There are so many problems with this game that its just sucking the fun out of it.

Robert Kotick's big idea is to "take the fun out of being a game programmer" (Not exact quote, but close enough and makes the point) and Jay Wilson is just a homo who doesn't know jack and wants to turn Diablo in to WoW.

They just keep nerfing everything that makes the game playable... item drops? nerfed Attack speed? nerfed gol? nerfed

Then when they do "fix" something its;

Players now do 30% less damage BUT the mobs have 10-20% less health.....wtf?

I'm not even much of a complainer but after the things I've seen happen since release day it's just too much to keep me going.

Act 3 hell, lvl 57 barb and lvl 55 wizard.

Can't really progress much further because;
I have yet to recieve a drop that ISN'T 10 levels lower than me, or that's even close to being better than what I have
Gold has been nerfed so it takes someone like me DAYS to make 100k which isn't enough to buy any better equipment on the AH, besides that everything has moved to RMAH for $250

so what am I to do?? come back in a year

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I figured after playing part 2 and the expansion pack it cant get an more fun than that. I guess I was right. SO is part 3 fun at all?

·
Registered
811 Posts
well....it depends on your definition of fun.
I guess if you like a story with more holes than swiss cheese and more loose ends than the shoe laces in a pre-school it might be fun.

if you getting used to a play style/stat/skill etc then get used to it and it gets nerfed because "that's not the way the game should be played" even though it IS the way, sure then it might be fun.

if you enjoy playing hours of the same repetitive content just to beef up your character, only to find that you can't progress because you are getting drops that are simply TERRIBLE compared to what you're already wearing, sure it could be fun.

If you enjoy a game that has "thousands of viable builds" but EVERYONE uses the same three because the game is impossible if you dont, yeah its fun.

if you like playing against oppenents who have 1mil HP plus, and one shot you with over 100k HP its definitely fun (Especially for melee classes)

If you like kiting mobs around because thats ALL YOU CAN DO to survive spending an excess amount of time trying to chip away then have the "enrage timer" kick in to automatically kill you because you took too long to kill the mob, ost certainly its fun. (This is a WoW mechanic that does NOT belong in diablo)

if you liked the customization of your skills in D2 then you will LOVE grinding away to unlock skills now, most of which are useless or soon will be when they become nerfed because people are USING THEM.

Did you like legendaries and set items in D2? because they are basically for show now because their stats are for a character of about level 10, but level requirement is 40+, oh also, you will never find one. people have played 300+ hours and not gotten a single set or legendary item.....I have "The Horadric Hamburger"...yay

Level cap of 60???? F*** YEAH, no more XP after 60, but on the hardest difficulty the mobs are level 65-70+ and have such great affixes as "Molten Plagued Shielding Extra Health Invulnerable minions" Or "Fast Reflects Damage Vampiric Molten Fire Chains" or "Jailer Reflects Damage Desecrator Shielding Vortex Teleporter" (Molten, Plagued and Desecrator basically leaves pools of instant death on the floor and often COVER THE ENTIRE FRIGGIN FLOOR, and YES you can get mobs with all 3 of those affixes)

I could seriously go on but I think I've made my point.....don't give blizzaed your money because Jay Wilson has been enjoying his vacations a little too much.

A Couple of links for you guys.
This one;http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252; takes the cake and includes such quotes as this
Kotick noted that in the past he changed the employee incentive program so that it "really rewards profit and nothing else." He continued, "You have studio heads who five years ago didn't know the difference between a balance sheet and a bed sheet who are now arguing allocations in our CFO's office pretty regularly. ... We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

Yes, he just said that.

Ultimately, Kotick doesn't want his employees to take anything for granted. They should always be aware of "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" in the midst of the global economic downturn. "We are very good at keeping people focused on the deep depression," he said.
and this one for fun

http://memegenerator.net/Jay-Wilsons-Diablo

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
The game sounds like it had the fun of parts 1 and 2 sucked out of it and reinjected with WOW DNA ef that game. THe meme generator I found funny nerfing game is total BS its kill or be killed for a good reason because its fun LOL. 60 buck beta test LMAO!!!!

What I love dabout Diablo was even the grinding parts didnt feel like grinding it was straight attack attack attack and try to survive. It took skill and timing to take out a room full of monsters. You had to just load up on mana and health potions and use them wisely. I think Ill be the only one to just go back and play the old diablo 2 for fun.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is a potion cooldown of 30 secs now. Use one potion that heals a miniscule fraction of your health then wait 30 secs to use another.

That is exactly what they did, they took diablo and turned it into WoWablo, and just about everything said on the memgenerator site is TRUE!!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I think Ill be the only one to just go back and play the old diablo 2 for fun.
No, there are a ton of people doing just that.

700k copies sold, 600k people playing games in the first week.

Down to 57k people now playing games and that was like 4 days ago.

Right now, during primetime, there are 9499 people playing now.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yea I'm lvl 60 inferno on a monk. I can roll through act 1 but after that I get crushed. Act 1 inferno still drops lvl 51 gear which is crap. This I have to use the AH in order to progress through the game is just udder crap. Blizz just wants to make there extra money of the real money AH. Since this isn't a pay to play per month game. I would have rather it been pay to play per month and them left it like old diablo 2. All well. Just farming crap now to make really money to fund my computer habit lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so havnt been around for a few days but i have completely stopped playing D3 got to lvl 49 Witch Doctor and the game just seems blah. D2 did it better, id even play D1 over d3....

At least it did one good thing im play Medival total war again!

·
Registered
811 Posts
They just released the 1.0.3 patch which raises repair costs through the roof (25K+)

they have also now removed ANY kind of item dropping from jars/environmental objects and severely cut the amount of gold that drops from them....they didn't want people carrying around magic find gear and swapping it all the time just to break jars or open chests......thats not fun they tell us.

weapon racks now might NOT drop anything instead of always dropping weapons (they were friggin whites anyway so wtf)

There are quite a few bosses/mobs now that enrage after 3 mins, the warden on inferno now has desecrator.

etc etc etc (insert way to ruin the game here, they've probably done it)

they are totally destroying this game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts