TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have been thinking about getting a "tune." However i have a Diablosport Predator for my 2006 Mustang GT and i am leaning towards running an SCT Xcal2 on the Mustang instead of the Diablosport. Is there any way i could use the Diablosport on my 96 Thunderbird 4.6 (retuned of course) since i will use the Xcal2 on my mustang? Thank you very much for any help.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
maybe

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I do not know how difficult or expensive it is to have the Diablo's Vin-Lock removed.
Maybe if you turn the Mustang back to stock, the Diablo will unlock the Vin.....I don't know much about Diablo, wait for Darrin of Lonnie to chime in, as they will have the full, correct details.
Or just contact your Diablo tuner, and ask him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No. Completely different programing between the two. On top of that, there is a good chance the diablo won't come off you're 06. It's happened to a few people... including my 06 Mustang GT. Basically, the diablosport has been leaving parts of the program on the car, making it impossible to add a different tune due to a lack of space on the computer. Only option is a reflash of the tune, though I've heard that SCT does have an overwrite that works... well, at least it over wrote a roush tune, but I haven't tried it on the diablosport yet.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
313speed said:
No. Completely different programing between the two. On top of that, there is a good chance the diablo won't come off you're 06. It's happened to a few people... including my 06 Mustang GT. Basically, the diablosport has been leaving parts of the program on the car, making it impossible to add a different tune due to a lack of space on the computer. Only option is a reflash of the tune, though I've heard that SCT does have an overwrite that works... well, at least it over wrote a roush tune, but I haven't tried it on the diablosport yet.
Oh okay. Well that's okay then. I also heard that getting the Xcal2 vin unlocked was quite expensive as well. Nice rides u got there dude. I always wanted an 03/04 Cobra. A friend of mine has an 03 (basically stock however) and it's a bad car. How do you like your cobra and your 06 mustang?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The problem with Diablo is when you put the car back to stock it never fully returns the programming back to factory. Some of their ways of programming are more or less a hack job or short cut. Such as like the 03/04 Cobra's where they set up the spark tables like the Fox EEC IVs. Rpm vs spark and no load tables. This is totally wrong in my opinion. They do the same for the newer 05+ Mustangs so I would venture to believe they do it with just about everything besides disable the VCT.

Then when you go to reprogram your vehicle with and SCT or any other product those changes that did not go back to stock are still there unless the new program has over written them. But then no one knows for sure and a lot of tuners have been left stranded trying to figure out what happened.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Don't believe it. I just went through this again last week and there hasn't been any updates since. There is no way that SCT is going to know what was changed in the programming to be able to cover every single change that Diablo made. What has to be done is a totally fresh factory program needs to be loaded into the EEC first. Then you can load a performance program. PITA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts