TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this spare set of coug lights, and the driver side has this film on that i cant get off unless i go haywire with some heavy grit sandpaper. so i took the passenger side and sprayed the backside of the lens with some window tinting spray for plastic car models. i know i made it too dark, thats why i did it on a spare headlight. the paint is runny and pooled in the low parts on the backside of the lens. i was in a hurry when i did this, so i wasnt expecting great results. lemme know what you guys think, and leave my bumper alone, dammit :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
A friend of mine did that to his corners on his passat. Looked ok at first but it started to look terrible after a few weeks. Although he prepped it good it still clipped and flaked off. I wouldn't bother unless you found a better product. He used the same model tinting spray as you.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Red96Bird said:
looks like ur car got suckerpunched, with the bumper and one black eye :D :gapteeth:

:uppoint: :rofl:

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Red96Bird said:
looks like ur car got suckerpunched, with the bumper and one black eye :D :gapteeth:
You beat me to it. :D Yeah, I really don't think that looks very good. Just my opinion though.

-Rod

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:uppoint: good one

i agree that it doesnt look good. trial and error is what i am going by. next time, i plan to do lighter coats and not be in a hurry. what is a good adhesion promoter that works well on plastic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts