TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found one today in my Junkyard here in Tulsa, OK, had a tccoa license plate frame on it and a lot of modification done to it.

Still had tokicos, eibachs, and some stereo equipment in it.

Here's a pick.. of the rear, not sure why the rest of my pics didn't come through. It had a passenger side front collision.. shifted the subframe and snapped all the front suspension components on that side.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
That bumper is worth a grip, get it. I found only one of those in one piece and still have it. Was going to sell it but decided to keep it.

Check for SC back seat braces, and other suspension braces. Look to see if it has a 145 speedo and 97 cupholder both are popular items here no trouble in selling them.

Lots of those small things people really want and you could put them right back into the club where they belong LOL.

I think I ran across one tccoa car and it was a total hack job POS that was in a wreck. Sometimes I think people like to slap rims on a car and get a quick paint job just to take pics and put them on the net because there is no way someone thought it looked good in real life LOL. Btw it was a red lettered tccoa decal so it was from a long time ago. Couldn't have been from the last 5 years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That bumper is worth a grip, get it. I found only one of those in one piece and still have it. Was going to sell it but decided to keep it.

Check for SC back seat braces, and other suspension braces. Look to see if it has a 145 speedo and 97 cupholder both are popular items here no trouble in selling them.

Lots of those small things people really want and you could put them right back into the club where they belong LOL.

I think I ran across one tccoa car and it was a total hack job POS that was in a wreck. Sometimes I think people like to slap rims on a car and get a quick paint job just to take pics and put them on the net because there is no way someone thought it looked good in real life LOL. Btw it was a red lettered tccoa decal so it was from a long time ago. Couldn't have been from the last 5 years.
I'll check those items out and snag the bumper, wanted to see if the previous owner was still on here to get an idea of mods.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I ran across a modded 94/5 bird with 96/7 front end clear corners some performance engine mods and scotts gauges about two years ago now. It was a green bird with primed front pieces..

·
3,868 Posts
I ran across a modded 94/5 bird with 96/7 front end clear corners some performance engine mods and scotts gauges about two years ago now. It was a green bird with primed front pieces..
I ran across white face gauges once. I just left them because it looks like they did a pi$$ poor job of putting them in. I didn't feel like it was worth the effort to get them but maybe I should have.

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
More pix!

I was just there. Sorry I missed ya...

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
He said it's a V8 car so that means it's an LX with an SC bumper...doubtful it'd have those parts. ;)

I do watch out for rare parts on the occasional junkyard trips I make. I'd love to find a 94/5 5-speed console.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
He said it's a V8 car so that means it's an LX with an SC bumper...doubtful it'd have those parts. ;)

Just from looking at the backseat In the pic is a dead give away that there's no fold down seat lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wish they made these bumpers that just said thunderbird without the SC on them. I love how they look with the recessed letters but i don't want a bumper that says SC on a car that isn't supercharged...and the dilemma continues.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I wish they made these bumpers that just said thunderbird without the SC on them. I love how they look with the recessed letters but i don't want a bumper that says SC on a car that isn't supercharged...and the dilemma continues.
i guess if you really wanted to you could cut out the letters, remove the SC part and then center the thunderbird and fill in the rest, im not a body man but it seems like it wouldnt be too hard to do.

but dont worry though, your not the only one, ive also thought about that since my SC is getting a V8.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
i guess if you really wanted to you could cut out the letters, remove the SC part and then center the thunderbird and fill in the rest, im not a body man but it seems like it wouldnt be too hard to do.

but dont worry though, your not the only one, ive also thought about that since my SC is getting a V8.
SirWilliam did that to a 97 bumper after he filled in the recessed/raised part of the 97 bumper on his SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH'ed bird

On a side note, I wish they would remanufacture either generation of the SC rear bumpers :( mine is starting to sag and one of the middle tabs broke last summer...plus the fact that they get wavy...94-95 sc bumpers don't seem to have those issues, they just don't exist anymore....

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I remember somebody back in the day that cut out the SC and molded in "GT" from a Mustan bumper.
I think that guy went by GTBIRD on the forums...back when the readers rides page was around, his bird was on there...I think it was green or blue or turquoise or something....

·
3,868 Posts
SirWilliam did that to a 97 bumper after he filled in the recessed/raised part of the 97 bumper on his SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH'ed bird

On a side note, I wish they would remanufacture either generation of the SC rear bumpers :( mine is starting to sag and one of the middle tabs broke last summer...plus the fact that they get wavy...94-95 sc bumpers don't seem to have those issues, they just don't exist anymore....
They exist alright. No one wanted the one I was trying to sell so Im keeping it. You need a plastic welder to fix that tab and some brackets to fix ti sagging, if only a woman were this easy to stop sagging :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I think that guy went by GTBIRD on the forums...back when the readers rides page was around, his bird was on there...I think it was green or blue or turquoise or something....
I cant speak for if he (Ian) did that to the bumper but it was a Green 94/95. He even had a site GTbird.com (I was a member there before here and more active there till it shut down).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts