TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in NW indiana, and at exactly 1:14am I felt my whole house shake!!! Only lasted for like 10 seconds, but it was scary as hell... NW Indiana doesn't get tremors!!! =P Anyway they said it was a 4.5, not much damage, and it was felt in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan... It's epicenter was some small town 50 o rso miles west of here.... Anyone else feel it??? I thought my dog was under my bed.... =P http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsUS/Quakes/uskgad.htm

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
I heard about it on Paul Harvey News (I think it was PHN...) this morning....it seems that earthquakes are hitting more and more in the midwest than in decades past. I've not felt one in Michigan, but I have in Ohio in the geologically-recent past. Neat link you posted...thanks!

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to get to sleep, and I was just sitting there, and it starts shaking... very scary... I walk outside and everyones outside =P at like 1:15am in the morning hehe

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
When I was still living in Ohio, there was one. This was about five years ago. Weirdest thing in the world. My parents and I thought there'd been an explosion at the army arsenal down the road in Ravenna. Crazy!

--Molly

·
Registered
773 Posts
Move to Central Califorina and a 4.5 wont even wake you up!!!!!!!!:D

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
5.0 Chero said:
Move to Central Califorina and a 4.5 wont even wake you up!!!!!!!!:D
Yeah you won't have to go out and buy one of those expensive vibrating massage chairs.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i couldn't sleep and was laying in bed , then it hit, thought someone threw something at my window. then i was like what i felt it in my bed, (waterbed) didnt quite now what it was till i listened to the news this morning. im my 27 years of life living in the area, i never ever have felt one before.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Craig-and-Molly said:
When I was still living in Ohio, there was one. This was about five years ago. Weirdest thing in the world. My parents and I thought there'd been an explosion at the army arsenal down the road in Ravenna. Crazy!

--Molly
I remember that one! I was in the Kent State architecture studio--on the 4th floor- when it hit. I was just sitting there, when suddenly it felt like the whole building moved left while my chair stayed where it was. There was no damage, but all of the hanging lights were swinging for the next 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If Justin felt it I guess I just slept through it. I am a hard one to wake.

-Miller

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
GreenBird said:
Nice thing about vermont...no natural disasters, just an 8 month long winter. :D :rolleyes: :leftright
Yeah last winter I lived there I shovelled 6 feet of snow off my roof. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
splashes bryan with a bucket of cold water:D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
jk89cat said:
splashes bryan with a bucket of cold water:D
Now that you woke me up, what woudl you do replace a bad bearing in the diff. or get another one? That earthquake messed up my diff. I think...:leftright

-Miller

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ah so i was right about a bearing going out, if yours is a locker fix it, if not get another a build it.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
I'm about 20 miles from the epicenter and it didn't wake me. It woke my boss, his wife, my wife and the dog. Then again, sometimes I sleep deeper than the dead. Sometimes, only the dead can wake me...

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Embalmer said:
I'm about 20 miles from the epicenter and it didn't wake me. It woke my boss, his wife, my wife and the dog. Then again, sometimes I sleep deeper than the dead. Sometimes, only the dead can wake me...
that comming from you gives me the willies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts