TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about the Lincoln Mark8. It was about taking it up somewhere (possibly salt flats) to see what kind of speed it could produce without changing much on the car. It turns out that they set a land speed record for it's class but Linclon didn't want to use it in Advertising. I was almost 100% sure I seen it in the articles section on this site about a year ago, but don't see it anywhere. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you post the link up? I'm not too positive but I'm pretty sure Jerry wrote it! Thanks ppl:cool:

-Steve

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
SC_Steve said:
...about the Lincoln Mark8. It was about taking it up somewhere (possibly salt flats) to see what kind of speed it could produce without changing much on the car. It turns out that they set a land speed record for it's class but Linclon didn't want to use it in Advertising. I was almost 100% sure I seen it in the articles section on this site about a year ago, but don't see it anywhere. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you post the link up? I'm not too positive but I'm pretty sure Jerry wrote it! Thanks ppl:cool:

-Steve
Go over to the LOD and do a seacrch there.I think I saw it once in the archives.Here is the site www.markviii.org
Good luck,
Chris

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I am to slow.......

Chris

·
Registered
710 Posts
wow, 181 MPH.... that's kinda like that turbo hiabusa **spelling** thats in the video forum.... HAHA... comparing a lincoln mark VIII and a turbo jap. bike.... never thought i would'a done that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts