TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the suspension done yesterday on my buddies lift.

Much easier that way.

I swapped out the soft v6 springs in the front, and the sport springs in the rear, for a set of custom Vogtland springs care of MagerThom. We installed new spring rubbers also from Joe Cooper.

I run a bilstein shock and an addco sway bar, and I feel this is an excellent combination for most owners. Its very stiff and handles very well, and I don't even have a front swaybar yet.

Should I get it aligned after I put a front sway bar on it, or can I get it aligned before I install the front bar?

I should have taken measurements but i'm not sure how much it came down with the new springs.

My buddy commented that the vogtlands were the stiffest springs he has ever seen on any car. Good job with the GP :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
got my Vogtland/Bilstien combo installed last week also. Still running the stock V6 bars on my car and it corners flat as heck now. My car ended up about 1.5" lower up front and 1" lower in the rear than stock, my car now sits like it should with the nose level with the rear. I'm not sure If I'm even going to bother with sway bars, it corners so well now with this combo and the RIDE has improved greatly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I put my combo in (vogtland springs, tokico blue shocks) with a new set of LCA's. I love the new ride around corners. The straight ahead line is a bit more sensitive but not enough to negate the benefit of the cornering. A sway bar package and braces would make the setup like rails I think. I am looking to get wider tires than my stock sized ones now as well.

Also a thumbs up on the GP!!!

JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts