TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the boxws but onwe was white ad has the big blue moog on it and the other side was a brown cardboard with a little moog sticker and the arms are visually different. the white box has the blue balljoint boot and a greaseable balljoint. the other was a clear boot and not greasable and had TRW stamped on it.

so when i order these from rockauto how do i know they will get me a matching pair?

thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Doesn't sound like a matching pair to me. Either way they need to match each other just so you can rest assured. The non- greasable one is the way to go in my book. Long life with the upper control arm is short lived anyway because it has a tendency to wear out fast. Mainly because the the connecting bolts come loose just a little bit causing undo wear. Best way to see wear is to drive the car forward real slow while having a friend watch under the wheel well. Step on the brake, if any movement is detected at any of the three connection points of the upper control arm, it is either worn out or the bolts are not tight enough. If you do this soon enough (a 1000 miles or so) after you have replaced the control arm, you will see what I talk about. The nuts need just a little more tightening, 1/4 turn.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i called them back and talked to some else and told them i called moog and that it is hit and miss if they are greasable and could someone open the few boxes to see what is really in them. he did and now i have a set woth the greaseable balljoint :D

my problem is not ball joint wear or slop but just the boots ripping sue to the suspension movement up and down when its bagged. i will see how the blue one lasts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts