TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyways I found a note on my door for my sister that looked like one of those slips from DHL or USPS if they missed a delivery, even had a barcode on it. It even said on it that they missed a delivery and to call this number to reschedule. On the top, where the company should be, it says USN, which i can only fathom means the Navy.

Seriously, She has told them that she wants nothing to do with them, but they keep hounding her about it, and it looks now even to the point of trickery. Me and her both scored really high on our ASVAB's (me a 97, her a 98 or 99) I dunno whats going on.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
So anyways I found a note on my door for my sister that looked like one of those slips from DHL or USPS if they missed a delivery, even had a barcode on it. It even said on it that they missed a delivery and to call this number to reschedule. On the top, where the company should be, it says USN, which i can only fathom means the Navy.

Seriously, She has told them that she wants nothing to do with them, but they keep hounding her about it, and it looks now even to the point of trickery. Me and her both scored really high on our ASVAB's (me a 97, her a 98 or 99) I dunno whats going on.
They need people....that's what's going on. Just like some companies send out things to you that look like a bill for their service...you need to read the fine print to see that it's just a tricky way to get your money!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
They need people....that's what's going on.
Just like some companies send out things to you that look like a bill for their service...
you need to read the fine print to see that it's just a tricky way to get your money!
Another fine example of how OUR government is acting like a Godless corporation.

Reminds me of the line from The Silence of the Lambs ...
Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice?
... We begin by coveting what we see every day.

Our government sees/interacts with corporations every day.​

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

I’m just wondering why you are singling out the military, when we all get hundreds of letters each year that are camouflaged as tax refund checks, SSI checks, bills, etc. and they are nothing but advertising.

Was it was just your door or was the whole neighbor hood “hit”?

I just see it as a GI doing his assigned task to recruit people by using common, accepted advertising practices. How many car ads do you see with the “do not attempt” fine print at the bottom of the screen? No different than using a “UPS call tag” to get you to call. :thumbsup:

I would rather see a person doing exactly what he/she did than sitting on their arse getting a welfare check!!! :mad:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
your sister got a 99 on her ASVAB, duh! I guess being a nuclear propulsion tech or digital systems analyst for the Aegis System is just too good to put on a resume.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
your sister got a 99 on her ASVAB, duh! I guess being a nuclear propulsion tech or digital systems analyst for the Aegis System is just too good to put on a resume.
Bingo...As for us stoopin so low, brother let me tell you, I drop notes at peoples doors also to get in touch with them, and sometimes I send out information to addresses, and if that person is not there, more than likely they will have a note as such. Watch what you say, really, I am not in the mood for poeple thinking that fellow Navy recruiters are doing something wrong.

Oh, and we want quality, not quantity, and we are not hurting for people either. Just a fellow recruiter doing his job.

What are you doing in your life right now, maybe you should go confront him then and say it to his face to stop leaving you stuff.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
It even said on it that they missed a delivery and to call this number to reschedule.

This is not common, accepted advertising practice. It IS wrong and unacceptable. It's just a flat out lie.

Leaving a message of some sort asking a person who has expressed interest is fine. Lying about it, making them think it is something different in order to trick them into calling is just not right. This is not the sort of behavior that would entice most people into signing up, quite the opposite in fact.

In this case it is even more wrong since she has evidently made it clear to them that she is not interested. She should only have to tell them no once. They should have the attitude that they aren't at all interested in someone who isn't gung ho to begin with.

·
Registered
956 Posts
This is not common, accepted advertising practice. It IS wrong and unacceptable. It's just a flat out lie.

Leaving a message of some sort asking a person who has expressed interest is fine. Lying about it, making them think it is something different in order to trick them into calling is just not right. This is not the sort of behavior that would entice most people into signing up, quite the opposite in fact.

In this case it is even more wrong since she has evidently made it clear to them that she is not interested. She should only have to tell them no once. They should have the attitude that they aren't at all interested in someone who isn't gung ho to begin with.
QFT

·
Registered
52 Posts
with someone scoring a 97 or 99 on their ASVAB, you can write your own ticket in the Navy or Air Force. I cant speak for the Navy, but the Air Force will gurantee you a job, so you know what you will be doing once you make it through basic training.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I've never heard of some like this before, maybe you should scan it and copy a picture for us to see?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
with someone scoring a 97 or 99 on their ASVAB, you can write your own ticket in the Navy or Air Force. I cant speak for the Navy, but the Air Force will gurantee you a job, so you know what you will be doing once you make it through basic training.
We guarantee everything, its in black and white before you sign. As for a 99, Nuclear Engineering is the preferred choice amongst applicants with that AFQT.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That tag sounds pretty odd actually. I haven't seen that yet and I'm a recruiter in the Chicagoland area. As for why there may be multiple contacts, if you live in one particular zip code and go to school in another you could end up with that score hitting two recruiter's lists from the same service. It happens a lot out here. Also, with that kind of score, it helps to talk to a military recruiter and look at your options. You'd be surprised how even the most highly regarded college will change it's tune about grants and scholerships once you toss military jargon their way.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
hmm tis odd, i'm glad i've moved 7 times since i graduated high school in 06.

if they come a-lookin' for me im sure they'll give up in a great big hurry once they go on a wild decipha chase
meh, sounds like you'll find one of us LOL. At least you won't be moving so much!

:D

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
hmm tis odd, i'm glad i've moved 7 times since i graduated high school in 06.

if they come a-lookin' for me im sure they'll give up in a great big hurry once they go on a wild decipha chase
uncle sam knows more than you think:D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my scanner doesnt work so ill take a picture of it later this morning when I get home and show it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

And dont get me wrong guys I respect the military and am even thinking about the Air Force, but stuff like this isnt right.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts