TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
So did you call the phone number and confirm it is from the Navy? A free 411.com lookup just says that is a cell phone number.

And did your sister call and tell them to not contact her any more? Complaining here does nothing. Complain to the people bugging you. :D :thumbsup:

IMHO, the fact that it is addressed to your sister is more than enough justification to call and complain.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Seriously, She has told them that she wants nothing to do with them, but they keep hounding her about it, and it looks now even to the point of trickery. Me and her both scored really high on our ASVAB's (me a 97, her a 98 or 99) I dunno whats going on.

And im not really complaining, just telling what happened. I guess you could say I am complaining about the way they are doing things, the fake barcode seems a little much and to look like a delivery label is much too, a simple note on the door would have worked. If it was addressed to me I would call and complain to them, but since it has her name on it I'll let her handle it. As long as it doesnt bother my sleep cycle since I work nights I really dont care.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I just called this number. Guy answers Navy, then some name I forget. Played it up like "uhhh yeah I got a notice saying I had missed a delivery and to call this number". He says "Yes, last name Thompson?". At this point I hung up, I only wanted to confirm that this POS was actually doing this, and he is. I am truly outraged. I think if I was getting those left on my door, I'd start up the chain of command until someone takes a giant dump on this guy.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd start up the chain of command until someone takes a giant dump on this guy.
Go for it. His commander will most likely congratulate him for doing his job.

I wouldn't phrase it as 'going low'. Now, if the guy was in the ghetto part of town handing out enlistments to criminals...then complain about stooping low.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
well damn it if it is a localized Navy recruiting tool that they manufactured to lure people into calling in. He is a Chief Petty Officer and its his Zone supervisor there in Ohio that uses them to make appointments, they say it works.

I feel like absolute horse crap, cause this does indeed look lowdown and dirty, and I even said that to the Chief, told him that it looks like a scam, told him to use authorized Navy recruiting gear.

This makes me mad, cause now you guys are going to generalize all of us recruiters in one bag of tricks. I am not that way at all.
Well, dude, call them and tell them that you aren't interested one more time. Ok, that is my advice.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
One question though.... Is Kim hot? :zwall:

We're all assuming he was recruiting for the Navy.... maybe he was recruiting for himself... ;)

If that is the case then what he did is perfectly acceptable. All's fair when it comes to trying to get some... Right? :beek:

Just kidding!! :D

If he was doing that and got caught, man on man I wouldn’t want to be him!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
All's fair when it comes to trying to get some... Right? :beek:
lol man you sure have a way with words ....i could have sworn you were going to say, "all's fair...in love and war"..but nope :D

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
cause now you guys are going to generalize all of us recruiters in one bag of tricks. I am not that way at all.

I don't think that way at all. Just because this one guy is a jackass, that doesn't make you or anyone else one also.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
And where do you get your information from? Interesting proposition.
What proposition? That the Navy is fat? I heard that from recruiters from 2 different offices, a family friend who is an E-8, and one of the Navy people at MEPS. One term was "fat", and another said "over manned". Should I not believe them?

Sorry if I relayed false information given to me by Navy people.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Yea, Fat, Like Overweight. Not entirely, is the numbers good for the Navy right now, yes, are we going to stop recruiting though, no. Numbers from our end will diminish, cause young men and women are realizing that staying in the Navy is the best thing to do right now, so some of your information is correct.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
At what point did I propose that the Navy is going to stop recruiting because of over manning? I didn't.

Of course the Navy (or any branch for that matter) is not going to stop recruiting. Even an over manned branch is still going to have a certain rate of attrition, which the recruiters will need to stay ahead of.

I said that something like what happened to this guy seems really aggressive considering the Navy's current population. They aren't hurting for people, so why the shady tactics?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Take the number off there, I'm sure they don't want TCCoA people calling from all over the US about that ticket.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe they should have thought about that before sticking it on his door.
it's public info now...:D

they can deal with any consequences of sticking a number up on any random door.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Maybe they should have thought about that before sticking it on his door.
Go ahead bro **** with the NAVY, some of those guys will go cross country and mess your **** up. Most NAVY recruiters are recruiters not by choice but because they where forced to. Most likely cause they tried to kill people half there size or some ****, so the NAVY sends them all over to finish out there term…hopefully quietly. That's why I don't mess with Roger, guy pulled a knife on me when I saw him in San Diego couple years ago, jk. So yeah...go ahead and call that number and...well...never mind.......call the number.........I dare you.......;)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Go ahead bro **** with the NAVY, some of those guys will go cross country and mess your **** up. Most NAVY recruiters are recruiters not by choice but because they where forced to. Most likely cause they tried to kill people half there size or some ****, so the NAVY sends them all over to finish out there term…hopefully quietly. That's why I don't mess with Roger, guy pulled a knife on me when I saw him in San Diego couple years ago. So yeah...go ahead and call that number and...well...never mind.......call the number.........I dare you.......
Ox?? Are you stable? Knife, what? Something I missed, or was my alter ego. ok. Actually to come to recruiting was my second choice. First was to push booters, but that did not pan out.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Please don't stab me, Roger, but I bet that chief is an NC. We got a couple new ones that suggested using something like that tag. Yeah, it didn't fly, but it looks like some do stoop pretty low. As for that number, leave it up. The gov't cell isn't a classified number LOL. I'm half tempted to call that guy myself.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I dont care if anyone calls the number, just leave my sister out of it, because like i have stated many times now, she has told them she isnt interested before she got this "delivery" slip.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Go ahead bro **** with the NAVY, some of those guys will go cross country and mess your **** up. Most NAVY recruiters are recruiters not by choice but because they where forced to. Most likely cause they tried to kill people half there size or some ****, so the NAVY sends them all over to finish out there term…hopefully quietly. That's why I don't mess with Roger, guy pulled a knife on me when I saw him in San Diego couple years ago, jk. So yeah...go ahead and call that number and...well...never mind.......call the number.........I dare you.......;)
My bad, I forgot we were on the internet.

I'll watch what I say next time. I'd hate for a big mean man to come cross country to "mess my **** up". Sorry.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts