TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 93 5.0 'bird given to me free minus the driveline . it's really freaking rusty so essentially just parts . the guy i'm getting it from says it has a solid axle 8.8 in it , and seeing as i want to go racing and have heard the irs is pakokka for it i'm thinking of sniping it and the rear sub for my 95 . is it possible , as i don't know if the 93 and my 95 are the same . or might just buy a generic sub kit and do ladder bars and coil overs so it's still useable for street ................. the irs is liable to end up in an extra effie frame i got .......................big evil grin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Direct swap

Hello

I talked to this guy in another forum. Alot of smoke!

The Rear k's are a direct swap. I have done it. I have both a 90 & 96
Parts from 89, 91 & 95 also.

You don't need a straight axle with a factory 5.0 or 4.6 for some bracket racing.
I use it for circle track racing.

Paul

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haven't picked the 93 up yet but jacob say's it's a straight axle 8.8 still. the info is good guy's thanx . i've seen it from a distance on my route and appears to be the same body as mine , so who knows , parts is parts ............... it'll start out as a bracket car , but i have a tendency to go a little overboard so ........... who've ya yacked at ??? me ???? where and ??? can't place ya ???? gave up circle track here , got to dain expensive .

·
Registered
893 Posts
There's almost no chance that 93 has a solid axle, unless its some custom job. They were all IRS, and I've only seen two changed to a solid axle. The IRS will do just fine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so it's { the irs } fine for a multitude of purposes, including it's fate next year with me . i'm gonna try and slide by and look closely at that 93 and see what's up on the mail route today given 'nuff time . either way it's parts . plans change as we move forward so we shall see.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts