TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, again guys.

I've accumulated some good ford bits, and I wanna get them together. I don't have a manual. Is there one here on this site? Or could someone lay it out for me.

I have a MKVIII housing, with 3.08 gears, and a Torque Lok outta a '04 Terminator. I wanna put that tork lok in that MKVIII and still use the 3.08 gears ( have a Doug Nash, with 5 speeds, fifth being 1:1, incase your wondering). So, I'll need all the torque specs and if there's a shim guide for the 3.08, that to.

Also, the torque of the big nut to the half-shaft on the wheel end.

Also, what's this about the 8 disk upgrade on the trak-lok? Any good?, Must do? any one got the initial torques of the two?(6&8)- How much it locks the wheels more? Will it fit right in there?

Also, anyone know where I could get an '02ish IRS Explorer rear diff cover online for a sensible price. Two mounts in the front, two in the rear on the cover.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
What do you plan to use for axles? Exactly what specs are you wanting? I torque the carrier cap bolts and ring gear bolts to 75ft lb and set pinion preload at 16-20 inch lb.
Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you plan to use for axles? Exactly what specs are you wanting? I torque the carrier cap bolts and ring gear bolts to 75ft lb and set pinion preload at 16-20 inch lb.
Alan
Thanks Alan, that's what I was looking for.

'04 Mustang axles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
o4 IRS axles? That can be done but they need to be modified.
Alan
I think they're to short. I'm building an IRS for a non MN12 car. Ford just seemed to have the best stuff.

I could pop one open to see what it looks like in there if you want. I hear some have multiple clip locations for different lengths. I haven't taken any apart first hand yet though.

I did have a set from an FN10 here, but they unknowing hitched a ride to the scrapper. I was going to see if the outters were the same. Hear that's the weak spot.

I'm gonna see what they could take. Plan on running full spherical, and 600hp, but no slicks. Figure I better keep a fund for some stage axles:), I got the 31 spline inners, that's a start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts