TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay check this out, i come to find out my engine in my car was actually replaced with a 96-97 mustang gt engine, when i open my hood and compare though it looks exactly the same as everyone elses t-birds.

but what i was wondering is if there is any difference between the two

i bought the car from a kid who delivered pizzas for 400 bucks.the car was given to him by his dad, the kid said his dad did some work to it, like the air silencer was already removed, i guess i need to inspect the car to see what it has, if it has anything at all.:)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nope. Same NPI junk in both cars.

SWS

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Nope. Same NPI junk in both cars.

SWS
Not really junk but doesnt carry near the power a PI motor does. But a PI head to NPI block combo makes it quite the contender.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Not really junk but doesnt carry near the power a PI motor does. But a PI head to NPI block combo makes it quite the contender.
I believe I read somewhere that PI heads + intake etc. on our NPI blocks gives better compression than the entire PI motors do.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yep. Bumps the compression. Several people have done it. I am going to do it soon with CNC heads, Crowers, JBAs, 2 1/2" to 3" exhaust, Marauder converter, going back to 3.73s, Bullitt intake, mark MAF, and Im sure there are a few other things I am going to add.

SWS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome...i was thinking about puttin in trickflow camshafts...how much extra performance gains would i see?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
awesome...i was thinking about puttin in trickflow camshafts...how much extra performance gains would i see?
That would be a better question for a dyno. Every car is different.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
How about PTV clearance on a NPI motor with PI heads? Or would I oly worry about that with aftermarket cams?

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you want cams I would strongly suggest talking to Nick at Modular Head Shop here on the forums. He has some new cams that seem to be really awesome. He also has good knowledge on any PTV issues you might have on other aftermarket cams.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Get with Nick. From just reading what he has posted and his knowledge of what I have seen here and on his site as well, I would have gone with his cams if they were available prior to purchasing mine.

SWS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts