TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the motor in my 95 3.8 with one out of a 93 and everything lined up and bolted up fine except the exhaust. The passenger side cat wants to hit against the body and not bolt up flush/tight to the manifold. Is there a difference in the manifolds or exhaust set up in the two years? I used the 93 manifolds since they were already bolted on to the motor, if needed i might replace them with the others. Any help would be great, i just had to go thru inspection and I told dude i would take care of it asap since it played deaf to the leak. :D Worse come to worse I will just do a full custom exhaust.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The angle of the collector on the manifold changed, which necessitated a change in the angle of the downtube to mate up to it.

Basically, if you're still running your stock 95 y-pipe, you'll need to switch the passenger side '93 exhaust manifold out for the '95 piece from your old engine.

-Rod

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, lets pretend i didnt make that last comment. my brain was on vacation last night and as soon as i posted that last question i realized.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Did the angle change again with the tube exhaust manifolds on the 96-97 engines or is it the same?

I'm going to be puting '96 exhaust manifolds on my '92 so I'm trying to figure out what all I will need to modify.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Would this be fairly simple to fab up? SCP has down tubes but at $349 for a pair with cats is way more than I want to pay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts