TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that for the 8.8 ford 28 spline differential there are several different models availible, I was looking at the ford trac-lok and a few other posi-like differentials but was wondering can we put in OX e-locker diffs? the reason I ask is because they come with there own cover (I assume because of clearence issues) and I know ours has that brace, would I have to fab something up to make that work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yup. If it needs more clearance than a regular diff, then it will not work with our covers. You will need to fab something up big time.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. If it needs more clearance than a regular diff, then it will not work with our covers. You will need to fab something up big time.
eh.... its not my first day with an angle finder, a T square, and a TIG welder..... I think if I really wanted to I could make this happen.... but my pretty new cover... wouldn't be so pretty any more :(

·
Registered
892 Posts
eh.... its not my first day with an angle finder, a T square, and a TIG welder..... I think if I really wanted to I could make this happen.... but my pretty new cover... wouldn't be so pretty any more :(
So what flavor would the "bubblegum" be? Hey, been there, done that. Pretty cover will survive.

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts