TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering where i could get the ford svo motorsport # m4oo1m373 differential at? like any ford dealer cause me rear end just shattered all over the highway today i need some thing stonger and plus the way my motor and tranny is set up i need posi and lower gears. any suggestion? thanx

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
And thats not a bad thing, because I think (If what I've read is true) you can have one built better and for less money than for what those things sold for.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Traveler said:
And thats not a bad thing, because I think (If what I've read is true) you can have one built better and for less money than for what those things sold for.

Don't know about that, I was told that it went for $600 in the group buy. You will have near $600 tied up in all the new parts it had assuming a used aluminum housing is found for about $100, and you still have to have someone assemble it.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ahhh I had forgotten about the aluminum housing. My bad.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I have a hard time FINDING them here in good ol' SEK.

I suppose I could have dad call around and ask in the KC area.

Now see what you've done?? Gone and gotten me all interested in spending MORE money I haven't got! :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
an AL diff runs about 40$ at my u-pull-it. :)

Damn thats cheap, need to make a WPB junkyard run. Figures since thats the home of the original owner Mark VIII customer base :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
an AL diff runs about 40$ at my u-pull-it. :)
I wish I had places like that around here last one I bought they said $75, I went to get it and got charged $75 plus $100 core charge and tax..I got screwed I drove almost 2 hours to get there. They kept telling how great the unit was and they would guarantee it, like it matters who wants an open 3.07 anyway.
Alan

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Best I ever did was $150 for an entire Mark VIII subframe, you just don't see Mark VIII in the yards around here. I think Mopar68GTX out near Tampa snags all these cars in the Florida area once they get cheap enough.

Alan - I would have left that rear sitting on their counter myself.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im thinking about building one soon what are all the things i need i'm thinking about the torsen differential m-4204-t28 with 373 gears any suggestions willl help thank u.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
94fastbird said:
well im thinking about building one soon what are all the things i need i'm thinking about the torsen differential m-4204-t28 with 373 gears any suggestions willl help thank u.

What are the mods on the car?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bored .020, over cobra rods cobra crankshaft, balanced , ported and polished heads ported exhaust manifold for now, street and strip tranny custom made cold air. running 10:1 compression. but many needing to know all the parts i need to build one

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Unless you are planning mid 12's or faster I think the Torsen is overkill, a regular trackloc will work just fine. To be honest your combo is pretty mild, what converter are you planning to run?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
either a mercury maruader torque convertor or get a 2000 stall from dirty dog

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Going back to the original post, if the rear shattered on a near stock application the bushings holding the diff were probably shot and allowed it to bounce around. IMHO you only need a traclok, gears of choice, and someone to set everything up properly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i still have rev limiter in and all and its not even tuned yet i just want that extra launch off the line.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts