TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fly all the time; but I have not flown since the rule and equipment changes after January 1, 2003. My question is, I have a digital camera that I am taking on this trip. My question is more about will the X-rays and sensors erase or mess up my memory card walking through that stuff or would it be better to pack it in with my check-in luggage.

I know the check-in luggage stuff now has really tightened up and people are telling me it would be better for me to carry it on the plane. All I'm worried about is wiping out the memory card on my camera....you know all the pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Digital cameras are fine anywhere on the plane. I'd carry it with me so I'd know it didn't get damaged. Xrays only hurt high speed film.

Eli

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
it's the metal detectors you have to worry about. just tell them it's a digital camera, and they'll make sure to drop it afew times to make sure it doesn't work :rolleyes:

·
8,239 Posts
I take my digital camera in my carry on bag every time I fly. It has no effects on the camera, but for some reason if I leave my cell phone on, it will reduce the battery life by about 50 percent or more.

Justin

·
Registered
277 Posts
my digital camera NEVER leaves my side, be it in an airport, in a secure area on base, hell, i even snuck it under my arm during my CAT scan!

ok so i was lyin about the CT scan, but ... ya know - airport detectors won't harm your camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts