TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinds of digital cameras do you guys have? (Or film, for those of you that aren't into digital.)

I just bought a Panasonic FZ7-S at work, and I'm extremely impressed with it's quality and features (These were resized by SuperMotors):
Normal:

12x Optical:

48x Digital:

I'm pretty psyched about it. Got it for $200 employee cost ($40 off), down from $350 retail. The store bought 710 of these and cleared Panasonic out the stock of this item. (Which works well with my 2GB SD card I got for $12.50)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have a Lumix (panasonic) DMC-FZ30K. You want impressed. That thing is unreal. The detail in the pictures is amazing.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
My two digital camera's are ancient artifacts compared to what $250 will buy you today. lol

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
HP makes decent cameras... but I would rate Digital cameras as follows.

Sony= Feature ritch nice lenses but have to use memory sticks. Many gizmos and gasdgets and great control.

HP = Great middle of the road product. decent feature wise but can be difficult to figure out if you not technilogicly literate. ( I have every HP camera that has come out in the last 2 years and have alot of experiance with them)

Kodiac = I suggest these to all non technologiccy literate person. Easy to use. Has all the features that most users actually use. Pictures I would give a 5 out of a 10 but.. like I said EXTREMELY easy to use.

These cameras are the 3 that I have experiances with. As I use test them alot for my job.

Personaly I love the the sony line of cameras.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
LG Chocolate. 1.3 mp. one of the front page shots was taken with it.
Motorola e816 Hollywood. 1.3mp took both of those 'rainbow' front page shots.

i liek my phones.... dont need a digi cam.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nikon D1H

2.7MP of toe breaking fury! (search google images for D1H, then you'll get it)
/\
\/ lol

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Kodak DX3500 w/ docking Port.

Freebie from mom when she got tired of it and wanted an upgrade. Works great, takes pictures that I have to reduce in size to get them to post. Easy to upload to the computer with the docking port.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I've found the Canons and Nikons to have very good picture quality. I have a Kodak LS743 sitting here that someone gave my mom (4.0 megapixel) and while the resolutions up there my ancient Canon A60 (2.0 megapixel lol) has better optics.

The Kodak has alot of color fringing around the edge of objects. I've never noticed that on any of the Canons or Nikons i've used and I've used quite a few of those for work.

I also bought some other Kodak a few years ago and ended up taking it back, it was a low end POS for what it cost.

If I were going to go buy one I would be looking at Nikon, Canon, and a host of others. Low on my list would be Kodak, HP (dont ask me why I just don't seem to like HP's for some reason) and ugggg Sony. I haven't bought anything with the name sony on it for a long time. Sony seems to have 2 class of products, great stuff and complete garbage and you can't tell one from the other until it's too late and it breaks. lol Besides that I just refuse to use their "memory sticks" and all of thier digital products seem to be built around them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts