TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost finished the swap!! Just need to test if the speedometer is off, and get the voltage gauge and coolant temp gauge working. I am so excited!! :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
for me the temp and fuel took some effort. the temp still don't work I think the sender is bad

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you have to do for the temp and fuel? I am having an issue with my electrical system since I started this. I don't know if it was because I left the battery disconnected all night or not. But I was driving around and the volts were dropping. I got home and the car just shut off, and wouldn't start. As of right now, it's holding a steady voltage of 10 something just sitting there. Maybe my battery is dying.

·
Registered
825 Posts
sounds like you have a short. do you have a shop manual? very very good idea to have one. for the fuel it was hard trying to figure out which wire it really was there was 2 of the same color. take a ohm meter and pull out your back seat and check the ohm load of the sending wire to make sure the one at the dash is the right one. I found the only way to get the fuel guag to work was to pull the silver clip off of the back of the cluster for the signal and solder a wire directly to that. can you post some pics of how you are trying to do this? are you using a harness from the cluster or just soldering it directly to the guage?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using the clips that I got for the analog cluster. I don't know how there would be a short. Any of the wires that I am not using, I tapped off. It's got me stumped. I have the electrical manual for my car, so I've been matching the wires up that should be used.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got everything figured out and it seems to working well. The temp gauge still isn't working on mine either.

·
Registered
825 Posts
if you figure it out let me know:D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you need the evtm for the year of the cluster, not just the year of your car

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dwinthrup, you need to change out your temperature sender for the gauge. Go get the TSU103. It is a single wire connection, and my car had the connector already installed for it, just tucked away. Once it was all hooked up, I ran the car, and watched the needle move on up!

·
Registered
825 Posts
lol I just messed with it a few days ago. I will have to try that. I did how ever get the anti slosh circuit to work for my fuel, now all i need is that sender and the real oil pressure sender and I'm set. thanks for clearing that up everyone who had a comment for the "impossible" mod said the senders are the same:rolleyes: live and learn and be different:D

·
Registered
825 Posts
I got the new sender in and it works:D thanks alot

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem, glad to help! I just changed the bulbs in mine to blue LED's. It's a nice deep blue, I love the look of it. I don't know if I am using the anti slosh circuit or not, but does it really matter?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here you go:

·
Registered
825 Posts
nice I like that! I went back to the stock cluster faces trying to trouble shoot the speedo I'am gonna have to change my tire size and get a new speedo gear.

·
Registered
825 Posts
also through up a pic of you car I would like to see it;)

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What, this ugly piece?

·
Registered
825 Posts
change the spoiler color and I would so drive that I miss my 89 cat so bad! I drove my brothers 94 for 3 weeks and hated it. 4.6 or 3.8 i'll take the 3.8 in all honesty even if it's backed up by the aod. that car is hawt I like it:D is that niteshades i see on the reflecters that i dislike?, I really like the rear lighting of the birds and cats alot I don't know why but I do

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car will be getting body work and paint soon, spoiler will be body color. The rear lights used to be tinted, but are not in this picture. I had to take the tint off since I stuck the LED's in the lights. It made them not stand out as much.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
OK, now that i need to do this , any notes tips ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.