TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah

Hey man it is behind the glove box. Just open & empty it then push the sides togather should fall down. now just turn on your key you should hear it ( I think its a little black box) unplug it & enjoy the silence!:tongue:

·
Registered
21 Posts
justice

yea i found mine in my old 93 it did it constantly because it was t boned i riped it out but no that wasnt good enough i smashed the crap out of it i hate those dang things the one in my 94 hasnt bothered me yet but seein this thread with bring it to my attention its gone tommarow

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Heh both on my '91 and my '96 I left them in (and hooked up) But i just disconnected the Key part near the ignition switch.. So now they basiclly just ding if i left the lights on and that's it.. and i can listen to music or whatever with the doors open and key in the ignition in Peace :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
So that's where the damn thing is. Mine's coming out today

·
Registered
900 Posts
is it easy to see which part is the key part, id like to be able to just remove that and still have the ding for lights, havent taken a look under there yet, got any pics or info on what to remove to get rid of just key ding?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Ainline41 said:
is it easy to see which part is the key part, id like to be able to just remove that and still have the ding for lights, havent taken a look under there yet, got any pics or info on what to remove to get rid of just key ding?

Me Too!

Bob

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Ainline41 said:
Depending on how you want to do it.. it's pretty easy... All you have to do is remove the bottom half of the steering coloum cover, and possibly the bottom part of the dash (drivers side) depending on how you want to do it..

LIke i've said, i've done this on my '91 and '96.. so i would EXPECT it to be the same from least '91 to '97..

Pics from my '96.. (the 91 was different but basiclly the same idea)

Here you'll see a Black with Purple (looks pinkish) wire, coming out of the Blue protective sleaving, it's that wire you'll be dealing with..

this show the wire removed from the connector (grey one shown in pic) This is my perferred method, just incase for some demented reason i decide to put it back to stock.. and i don't have to spice the wiring back together.. WHICH is the other option of doing this job.. is just snipping the wire.. :) BE it near the connector or close to the `Ignition switch' (Key part)..

just remember on the '94+ cars.. STAY AWAY from the wires in the Yellow sleaving.. :tongue: And cars with the factory alarm.. there'll be 2 more wires going `ignition switch' a Green/white and a Black/white? those you don't cut :)

And on the '91's setup.. there was a easy to get to single pin connector for that black with Purple wire.. so it's even easier to quickly disconnect.. :D

PS: do this at your own risk :tongue:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts