TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
this is all I have to say...why can't anyone have an opinion...if a guy is racist, sexist, right-winged, left-winged, conservative, liberal, short, tall, fat, thin, black, white, male, female, etc...you get my point.

Now someone's opinion might be offensive to someone; but that is what makes this country great and makes us all indiviuals OPINIONS. There is a big difference between respect and politically correct. I'm all for respect; but we can do with out politically correctness....all it does is make simple things more complicated and shades the truth of someones opinion. Respect is the act of not be-littling someone to get your point across and knowing when and where to say things.

Everyone here pretty much knows my opinion on stuff like this; b/c I'm usually the one that fuels this stuff sometimes :D .

And one final thought....why does the masses have to suffer for everything that makes a few uncomfortable

·
Registered
191 Posts
..."Compared with past great powers, say the Mongols or Romans, America wields a light touch." We rebuilt Europe and Japan. We let the Philippines and Puerto Rico opt for independence.

We didn't stay in any of the nations where we've sent troops to go to war. We even paid for the land we won from Mexico in our war with them, at a time when some (even Mexicans!) called for the United States to absorb all of that nation into our territory. Imagine if Canada's neighbors were Iraq or Nazi Germany or the USSR or imperial Japan or any powerful empire. Would they sleep so well at night? The Boy Scouts could crush Canada with zero casualties, yet we let them opt to keep welcoming in terrorists and to thumb their noses at us on Iraq...
We are too friggin' nice to everyone, just like the big guy in "Green Mile"....the USA is stronger and tougher than any country in the world, yet we try to be the bigger-person and try and work things out peacefully. Seems like we have been peaceful for alittle too long...countries and organizations (NATO) are getting alittle too demanding and pushy.

·
Registered
505 Posts
From WolfgangNC:
And one final thought....why does the masses have to suffer for everything that makes a few uncomfortable

It's called democracy...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WolfgangNC said:
this is all I have to say...why can't anyone have an opinion...if a guy is racist, sexist, right-winged, left-winged, conservative, liberal, short, tall, fat, thin, black, white, male, female, etc...you get my point.

Now someone's opinion might be offensive to someone; but that is what makes this country great and makes us all indiviuals OPINIONS. There is a big difference between respect and politically correct. I'm all for respect; but we can do with out politically correctness....all it does is make simple things more complicated and shades the truth of someones opinion. Respect is the act of not be-littling someone to get your point across and knowing when and where to say things.

Everyone here pretty much knows my opinion on stuff like this; b/c I'm usually the one that fuels this stuff sometimes :D .

It's called political correctness....

Jim Long

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: O'Reilly....

PowderBoyDTC said:
i love his show, i'm getting a few of his books for christmas. he would have my vote.
michael
He is very good reading... Enjoy!

Jim Long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts