TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys 'n gals,

First post here on the forum. I got a '92 LX w/3.8 for my kid for a steal and I'm in the process of replacing the head gaskets. Quick question that the cheap-*** Chiltons can't answer: Does the dipstick go between the exhaust manifold ports for 4 and 5, or between 5 and 6? And which bolt does the dipstick bracket bolt to?

Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More HG replacement questions

Okay, since I'm here and nobody has replied yet I have one more question. I had the heads worked at the shop (boiling, surfacing, valve job, new seals) and when I tighten down on the rocker arm fulcrums, the valves compress a bit. I know this isn't right since this puts the valve slightly open even when off the cam. Did I do something wrong or is this normal? FWIW, the valve seats didn't look like they were ground that much, but then I'm not real familiar with this motor.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
grreg said:
Does the dipstick go between the exhaust manifold ports for 4 and 5, or between 5 and 6? And which bolt does the dipstick bracket bolt to?
it bolts to the stud of the #5 cylinder, left of the port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're da man. Thanks! Wow, how did my bracket get all mangled? Was I that pissed when I took it off? :eek:

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
agutsechicken said:
more importantly how long did that motor last that clean?:O
hehe thanks. still clean, just gotta hose it off.

grreg - if your bracket is bent up some, see if you can pound it back to normal with a hammer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts