TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered FRPP head swap kit that includes dipstick tube. It seems the tube is for Mustangs, not for t-birds, I heard somewhere that they have different dipsticks due to different motor mounts. Does anybody know the part number for tbird dipstick. I plan to do the PI swap in few days (depends on the weather!). Thanks!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sorry I don't have the part numbers here. If you got the Romeo heads you should be able to reuse your dip stick if you get it out in one peice. If you got the Windsor heads you need a new dip stick tube because the valve cover bolt pattern isn't the same on the windsor heads. ( And you need new valve covers )

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
rdbird said:
I ordered FRPP head swap kit that includes dipstick tube. It seems the tube is for Mustangs, not for t-birds, I heard somewhere that they have different dipsticks due to different motor mounts. Does anybody know the part number for tbird dipstick. I plan to do the PI swap in few days (depends on the weather!). Thanks!
I was able to make the tube from the FRPP kit work. Basically, I wasn't using enough force because I didn't want to break the tube. Use plenty of force. I guided the tube down and had it going into the block, then I took a 6" long screwdriver and inserted into the top of the tube. I pounded the screwdriver with a mallet and slowly the tube went down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts