TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you noticed how many people run directional wheels,stock or custom,the wrong way? I've seen it a few times right here on the TCCoA board.
What really got me was a new Thunderbird book I was about to purchase. Looking through the book I was amazed at the number of nice looking birds with the wheels on backwards.
The real rub, in my opinion, is cars with wheels going both ways (one correct and one a**backward). :eek:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah. I'm surprised no one here has ever mentioned that...

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
<table width="100%"><tr><td align="center" width="50%">
</td>
<td align="center">
</td>
</tr></table>

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
fast Ed N said:
Many of the OE Ford directional wheels, including 89 - 92 SC, are the same wheel for left and right. So it looks correct on one side, and backward on the other. ;)
Yeah, I'm quite amazed at how many people on here point out that the non-directional wheels (89-92 SC) are "on backwards" on the right side of the car when all 4 wheels are exactly the same.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bigiron383 said:
The real rub, in my opinion, is cars with wheels going both ways (one correct and one a**backward). :eek:

That bothers me too. Sign of a cheap car. Mostly expensive stuff has directionals. Corvette, IROC R/T Daytona, Mark VIII, only ones I can think of right now. Until recently I didn't know fanblades were directional.

Imagine my surprise when the guy at the tire shop told me he will put my 2 rights on the right side and my 2 lefts on the left side now. :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm amazed at how many people don't notice. Like when a shop rotates the tires in the "X" and no one thinks that the wheels look strange. I bought my '96 this way; the sport wheels were "aimed" at each other and I was the only one to notice.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Hey dude, your wheels are on backerds!!

I love saying that!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I know. I kept telling my dad I needed to find a left side wheel for my car (the red 97 had three right side wheels and one left side wheel) He just looked at me funny and said I was the only one who noticed it anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts