TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from Chicago, I usually take I-88 West past Aurora and get off at the Sugar Grove exit. The road will turn into IL 56 and eventually, US 30. Once you pass the Aurora airport, turn left at Dugan Rd. (These directions are for the "back way" as I call it. If you want to take the easy way you can stay on US 30 West for about an hour until you hit US 52 and turn left - it's 3 miles to Amboy. Turn left at Casey's General Store and you will see the funeral home on the right.) After you turn left on Dugan Rd, immediately turn right on Granart Rd. After a few miles, you will come to Galena Rd. Turn right and go through Little Rock. After Little Rock, Galena will become Chicago Rd. Stay on this road until you come upon a "T" intersection with railroad tracks. Turn left there and continue through Paw Paw. Go over I-39 and past IL 251. Chicago Rd will become Shaw Rd. Shaw Rd will curve to the right and you will come upon another "T" intersection. Turn left and you will be coming into Amboy. About 1 mile into Amboy on the left you will see Mihm-Jones Funeral Home (4 white columns in the front). Turn left into the parking lot. Taking this way will allow you to exceed posted speed limits usually care free - but be careful around the small towns. This route also has more curvy roads.

I will be judging the car show from 11:30 until 1:00. We should probably plan to meet as a group at the funeral home around 1:00 and we can walk the show or take a drive.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yea....I take the 'back way' when we go camping at Woodhaven...like he says, watch out for the small towns...especially Little Rock, seems like there's always a radar gun turned on there.

I'll plan on being there @ 1:00 unless I hear otherwise...

BTW Jim, I like the new work car! Did you remove the silencer and J-Mod the trans yet?!?

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please reply if you are coming...

Well I found out at the car show meeting tonight I probably won't be able to get out of the show until around 3:00. I signed up to help with the trophies earlier in the year, not knowing it would require me to help place them on the stage. So, I will be done judging by 1:00 and will go back to the funeral home and meet up with you guys. Then I will have to go back for an hour or so to help set up the trophies. When that is over, I planned a heckuva cruise through the back roads south and east of Amboy for some high speed runs and lotsa corners and curves.

Jeff - I got a J-chip on order for the workmobile. Then I'm gonna have the airbags modified for a 2" drop and a body kit put on. Once that's done, the interior is getting the neon treatment and huge subwoofers.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I will be there. Todd, Don and myself might be driving together. And whoever else wants to come. Where do you guy want to meet to get there? I live near where 355 and 88 meet in downers grove. I dont know where everyone else is at. So lets pick a meeting spot and see who else can make it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts