TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dirt cheep bird

okay, so I'm at work the other day when some guy walks in and says "who's the young guy who drives the red tbird around?" "umm... me!" I was a little freaked out not knowing what he wanted. But then he starts telling me that he just lost his liscence and received an arse load of fines! I assume he was DUI or something... but whatever... He continues to tell me he needs money and will sell me his car since he can't use it anymore. It's a 1988 T-bird with a souped up 5 litre he built with a block from a f150! He has headers on it and some other goodies alone with a C4 tranny (whatever that is!) He says it also has an all Sony sound system in it... CD player yadda yadda yada... anyway, its dark red and in decent shape with a few rust spots around the wheel wells. It also has bright mag wheels and new rubber thats really wide! He tells me I should come over and fire it up and that he will sell it to me for...... 800CDN!!!!! Thats like what 500 bucks to you guys!!!!!! 500 bucks for a running 88 with a sweet 5l, tranny and a sound system!!!

well... I'm basically broke but for this deal I must find a way!!!

Jake

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
A friend of mine just picked up an 88 Sport for $500.

Things to look for to determine it's a sport.
1) Floor shifter.
2) analog gauges.
3) faux dual exhaust.

Even if it's not a sport I'd go for it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well

my buddy bought it! It's funny because he is a pure GM guy!! He ALWAYS rips on Thunderbirds and Ford... anyway, we went to look at it because we where in the area and when we get there he pops the hood as I burt out "holly crap... it's carberated!!!" I thought it was an early 90's EFI but nope!!! It ran good dispite the fact it has no choke and it is cold! while my buddy is asking questions I am of course looking in the trunk only to discover 2 10" pioneer subs and an amp. So my buddy while hatting ford with a passion yet needing a ride (350 formula out of commision) buys it on the spot totally surprising me!!! I didn't care cause I told him I didnt have the cash but man it surprised me big time!! We go inside and he hands us some "Thunderbird" rear text emblems and 89-93 front T-bird bird emblems! He says he works at a plastic molding shop and they made them!!! Then he tells us we wont need to pass emmisions cause obviously its not the original engine and that it should pass safety if we put the pipes back on the back (the flowmasters are located just before the rear axle and there are no pipes after that) also we wont have to pay taxes becase its not in the blue book! anyway, here is what we got for 500 bucks!!!

1988 Tbird dark red with bra and headlamp covers and tinted windows
5.0 with 2bbl carb and headers
2 flowmaster mufflers and no tail pipes
sony HU
jensen amplifier (I know... jensen sucks but it works eh!)
2 10" pioneer subwoofers
C4 transmition with cooler and shift kit

plus, the interior is mint and he has a tach and other pressure and temp gauges installed too!

I know my buddy owns it but once the summer comes we will work on it together and probrobly put an auto choke 4bbl and new intake manifold on it... then I can have some fun with it too!!

Jake

·
Registered
460 Posts
:thumbsup: Man what a find. Seriously I'm jelouse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts