TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my car back together after the PI intake swap, but with one problem. I had a little bit of leak on the front 2 injectors on the driver's side. I decided to take the injectors out and put new O-rings on them. One of the injectors had a broken disc and the other one I broke. I decided to grab some spare injectors that I had in a '97 Mustang engine (42k miles and sitting for last 5 years). I swapped out the O-rings and stuck them in there.....now the car will hit like it is trying to start but won't ever crank up. I think that there is some gunk in the injectors from having 5 year old gas in them. My question is how can I clean them without having to take them back off the car?

Russ

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Most likely if they won't fire at all, they are too gunked up to clean on the car. You could try pouring some SeaFoam in the gas tank, but the car really needs to be running so you can run a full tank of SeaFoam/gasoline through the injectors.

It would probably cheaper to just find some low mileage 19 lb injectors at a junk yard and give them a good cleaning before installing them.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

Found these on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-lb-Fuel-Injectors-Ford-Mustang-5-0-4-6-5-8-302-351_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33554QQihZ010QQitemZ200170718126QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely if they won't fire at all, they are too gunked up to clean on the car. You could try pouring some SeaFoam in the gas tank, but the car really needs to be running so you can run a full tank of SeaFoam/gasoline through the injectors.

It would probably cheaper to just find some low mileage 19 lb injectors at a junk yard and give them a good cleaning before installing them.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:
I imagine you are right, but I think it would be even easier to just get the pintle discs for the 4 that need them and put my stock ones that were working back in. I figured they were probably too far gone. Especially since the stuff that would have to be used to clean them on the car would be so caustic that it would eat all of the seals and plastic parts alive.

Russ

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I've taken injectors out and soaked them in seafoam before, worked pretty good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts