TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I saw a post with a diagram about converting a distributor system to DIS. I have been searching around, but can't find it now that I need it. Anyone remember where this is?

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
That would be the one that I drew up. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll email it to you if I can find it on my computer.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Wow, did I get a bunch of emails today about this! Rather than sending out a ton of emails tonight, I found the diagram and I'll just post it up.

Now this is for a 94 3.8L NA, converting to DIS. I can't make any promises that it will work for other years.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
The print looks pretty small, but if you save the picture to your computer, you should be able to open it and zoom in. Hope this helps guys.

-Rod

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just for clarification, pin #33 from the EEC on my pinout chart goes to the EGR solenoid. So what is the connector in the top left of the diagram? And i guess the connector just to the right of it, also.

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
232bird said:
Just for clarification, pin #33 from the EEC on my pinout chart goes to the EGR solenoid. So what is the connector in the top left of the diagram? And i guess the connector just to the right of it, also.
It's pin #30 at the EEC, not #33. I know it's probably hard to make out the numbers on the diagram. The two connectors at the top left of the diagram go to the DIS module.

Also, after actually taking a look at the diagram, I realized that this diagram is for converting to DIS on a 89-93 3.8L, using 89-93 DIS components (EEC, coil pack, DIS module, crank sensor, and cam sensor). I drew this one up for Thomas back when he was looking into doing the conversion. I don't think I ever drew one up when I converted my 94 over to DIS/Splitport.

-Rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts