1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts
God, I hope the new Star Wars is better than the last 3. George need to go back to his roots and make 'em like the original trilogy.

But, wow! 5 Billion that's crazy. I wonder how much of that goes to George? ... as if he isn't rich enough already... :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
God I hope they rerelease the unremastered original trilogy on bluray. This could be really good news for Nerds lol

And no, I'm not excited for new movies at all. Everything star wars has been littered with dissappointment and kiddy marketing gimmicks for the last 20 years

·
Super Moderator
9,174 Posts
Oh, great. Teenie bopper star wars for all! :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Princess Leia at Disney World, kid friendly??

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts
Princess Leia at Disney World, kid friendly??
Only if the actress portraying her is in the Jabba The Hutt slave bikini with the dog collar and chain leash. :tongue:

Star Wars should be dark and gritty like the Dark Knight rises and Empire Strikes Back. Not cutesy.

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts
You mean Star Wars shouldn't be all about senate debates with pompous English accents, irritating CGI characters and teenage romance??? :tongue:
:mad: Yes, and also not all annoying Jar Jar Binksey. :zpuke:

... Even in Return of the Jedi they had enough sense to save the Ewoks for the end of the movie. :tongue:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If they want some truly great sci-fi plots they can take a look at some of my old yellowed paperbacks, assuming they can read.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Also they said something on the radio today about them putting out a new Indiana jones movie, but no date as of yet. Now thats a good set of movies I hope they dont ruin. Harrison Fords old as dirt whats the next one "Indiana Jones and the search for a retirement home".

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Yeah and then in the rerelease they grafted in Hayden Christensen and ruined it :facepalm:

So glad I still have my original VHS cassettes and a VCR
I didnt understand this part because if they changed Anakin, then Obi-wan should have been Ewan mcgregor ....:confused:

Still have my VHS also, but rewinding tapes sucks. I have a copy of Empire on Laserdisc .. original editing, CD quality sound, and letterbox format .. :tongue: But yeah flipping laserdiscs sucks also.

I thought that Disney already owned part of star wars since they had the Star tours ride .. an X-wing at disneyland and an AT-AT at another park.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't really care about what the new movies are about. As long as its "Live Action" and the Star Wars logo comes up at the beginning, I am happy. Same with Star Trek or Back To The Future, bring it on! It doesn't have to be as good as the originals, it just has to exist.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
So in other words no more 20TH CENTURY FOX logo at the beginning, we get the friggin' Cinderella Castle logo with Tinkerbell trailing an arch behind her?

From the SuperShadow Star Wars site at www.supershadow.com :

<< Thursday, November 1, 2012 - Hold on to the future

Star Wars Episode 7 -- As Super Shadow revealed from the very beginning, Lucasfilm announces that the production of Star Wars Episodes 7 8 9 is now official. The cinematic release date of Star Wars 7 is 2015 in multiplexes. If Star Wars Episode 7 follows the theatrical release pattern of the mega great and perfect Star Wars prequel trilogy, then Star Wars 7 will arrive in cineplexes on Thursday 21 May 2015. This means Star Wars Episode 8 will likely follow on Thursday 17 May 2018 if George Lucas keeps the traditional three years in between the release dates of the Star Wars movie episodes. Star Wars Episode 9 would be released Thursday 20 May 2021.

Mastermind genius George Lucas will NOT direct and will NOT produce Star Wars 7 8 9. Instead, Lucas will ONLY serve as creative consultant providing the plot story for Star Wars Episode 7 8 9. As a surprise, Disney has bought Lucasfilm for roughly $ 4 billion U.S. dollars, which probably results in the 20th Century Fox logo and music fanfare NOT appearing at the beginning of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, which goes against the top secret Star Wars plot formula. >>

Just this opening title sequence alone would make it suck.

Thanks for the sellout, George.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
God I hope they rerelease the unremastered original trilogy on bluray. This could be really good news for Nerds lol

And no, I'm not excited for new movies at all. Everything star wars has been littered with dissappointment and kiddy marketing gimmicks for the last 20 years
The kiddy marketing gimmicks have been in it for the past 40 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts

The kiddy marketing gimmicks have been in it for the past 40 years.
Meh, what's a couple of decades of marketing among some mega-Corporations...

But yea, they've been marketing gimmics from the very beginning. The thing is, some of the original stuff is quite valuable now. ... Now where'd I put my Bobba Fett action figure??? :D

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I didnt understand this part because if they changed Anakin, then Obi-wan should have been Ewan mcgregor ....:confused:

Still have my VHS also, but rewinding tapes sucks. I have a copy of Empire on Laserdisc .. original editing, CD quality sound, and letterbox format .. :tongue: But yeah flipping laserdiscs sucks also.

I thought that Disney already owned part of star wars since they had the Star tours ride .. an X-wing at disneyland and an AT-AT at another park.
That's why you buy an auto flip laserdisc player...the laser transport travels AROUND the disc :D

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I have one of those, a Sony MDP-550, still works GREAT!!

<< ....if they changed Anakin, then Obi-wan should have been Ewan McGregor. >>

I think the logic there is that Obi-wan reached old age, as played by Sir Alec Guiness. Anakin became evil in his twenties and "died" then. When he became a part of the good Force after his physical death he was allowed to come back as the younger version of himself as a being of light.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Mastermind genius George Lucas will NOT direct and will NOT produce Star Wars 7 8 9. Instead, Lucas will ONLY serve as creative consultant providing the plot story for Star Wars Episode 7 8 9. As a surprise, Disney has bought Lucasfilm for roughly $ 4 billion U.S. dollars, which probably results in the 20th Century Fox logo and music fanfare NOT appearing at the beginning of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, which goes against the top secret Star Wars plot formula. >>

Just this opening title sequence alone would make it suck.

Thanks for the sellout, George.
Who cares whether or not the 20th Century Fox logo is in it or not.

George Lucas selling out is the BEST thing that could have happened to this franchise.
* You guys need to face the music and realize that this guy was a marketing genius but a complete hack when it comes to actual movie-making.
* Plot aside, just take a look at all the great actors that starred in the most recent trilogy; their acting was GOD AWFUL and the only person you can blame for that were the actors.

This series needed a serious reboot/redesign so it's good that George has "hung up his acting gloves."

It couldn't have happened soon enough.

-g

1 - 20 of 25 Posts